No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from NVIDIA

Hi,

I'm the manager of the CUDA Libraries and Algorithms group at NVIDIA - that includes all of the libraries that come with CUDA like cuBLAS, cuSPARSE, etc. We also have new initiatives that I would call more "applied research" to develop functionality built on top of CUDA in emerging high-tech areas.

One of our new focus areas is in bioinformatics. We've been doing some work prototyping short-read aligners in CUDA, similar to BarraCUDA or CUSHAW. We have CUDA-accelerated versions of the BWA and Bowtie2 algorithms, and we are seeing some really nice speedups on our preliminary benchmarking. It's probably not worth saying too much more since none of this has been peer-reviewed yet.

Based on these success, we are committed to investing more seriously in building bioinformatics expertise at NVIDIA, and making CUDA a platform that is friendly to bioinformatics researchers. Hence, my interest in learning more about bioinformatics.

I'm happy to answer any questions about CUDA - I see that it comes up from time to time. I don't want to be here as any type of salesman - I will try to be as candid as possible about the strengths and weaknesses of our technology.

Regards,
    Jon

Welcome to SEQanswers!

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
      Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
      by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
      03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
    • seqadmin
      Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
      by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
      Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
      03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post seqadmin  
    Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
    0 responses