X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lots of "N" in the barcode.

Dear All

I am new to NGS and GAII.

After several test running ,we have a big problem.

We usually have 6 samples with different barcode(index 2,3,4,7,9,10) in one lane. We have 3.5G data totally in each lane, but the CASAVA only can demultiplexing 64M.

Most of data under Undetermined_indices fold are like this.

@=78@==<:=BDDDDGEGG?===B@>ACBAGGGG@DD==>EEE?EDGE3GEEC>>,838<E>>C???D?=6(/9?:?########################
    @ILLUMINA-8ACF53:7:FC:1:52:5835:9761 1:N:0:NNNNGN
    TAAACTTTATAATTAAAAAAAAATGCTCATTTGAGCTGCAATAGTTTTACTAACTTTTAATGTCTTAATTCAAATACCCAGTTTCCATAACATAATATCTA

There lots of N in the barcode,so CASAVA cann't demultiplex samples.

We have a little bit overclustering. %PF of my sample is only 29.5+/- 27.32. Is this the main reason?

How to make troubleshooting with this?

Thank you so much.

There is nothing you are going to be able to do when samples are over-clustered (~30% PF is a clear indication) and the tag read fails this way.

You will have to re-run these samples at a lower density.

Comment

Thank you so much.

How to improve the %PF? Do you have some advises?

Originally posted by GenoMax View Post
      There is nothing you are going to be able to do when samples are over-clustered (~30% PF is a clear indication) and the tag read fails this way.

You will have to re-run these samples at a lower density.

Comment

Originally posted by illuminaGA View Post
        Thank you so much.

How to improve the %PF? Do you have some advises?
        This would be a good case where you should contact Illumina tech support so you can get comprehensive help from them.

As I had said before one obvious thing to try would be to load less DNA next time (you did not say what your original cluster counts were). If overloading was not the problem (if the total cluster counts were within limits) then perhaps something else has gone wrong with the tag read/libraries.

You should contact Illumina support (or your local FAS) since your original post seems to indicate that this has been a repeat problem.

Comment

Thank you so much.

I only got this problem in lane1 and lane2. And the every sample's concentration of lane1 is 8pM.

The cluster Density is 1153+/-98,Cluster PF is 29.46+/- 27.44.

This is the first time that I prepared the library by myself. And Lane1 is the TEST lane. The other lanes were good libraries.

I measured the concentrations by Bioanalyzer since our Real-time PCR meachine was out of order. So I think the concentrations were not accurate.

Thank you so much again.

This would be a good case where you should contact Illumina tech support so you can get comprehensive help from them.

As I had said before one obvious thing to try would be to load less DNA next time (you did not say what your original cluster counts were). If overloading was not the problem (if the total cluster counts were within limits) then perhaps something else has gone wrong with the tag read/libraries.

You should contact Illumina support (or your local FAS) since your original post seems to indicate that this has been a repeat problem.
          Last edited by illuminaGA; 04-24-2013, 08:33 AM.

Comment

Hello GenoMax

I sent all may SAV file to illumina techsupport ,after analyzed my data,they said that "HP8 did not hybridize with those IDT sample preps. The intensity readings of index 1 is nearly zero, which accounts for not seeing index counts in your results. Since the index 1 worked in the other lanes, it is likely not a index primer fluidics issue on the instrument. This would also confirm the effectiveness of the HP8 primer in the system."

I used IDT Y shape TruSeq dup Adapter for my libraries preparation. The sequence of the adapter as follow.

TruSeq Universal Adapter
            AATGATACGGCGACCACCGAGATCTACACTCTTTCCCTACACGAC-GCTCTTCCGA TC *T-3

TruSeq Indexed Adapter
            GTTCGTCTTCTGCCGTATGCTCTA-NNNNNN-CACTGACCTCAAGTCTGCACA-CGAGAAGGCTAG*P-5

I ordered TruSeq SBS Kit v5 - GA (36-cycle)(FC-104-5001) for our GA IIx and TruSeq PE Cluster Kit v2(PE-300-2001) for cBot.

Did I make mistake about my adapters?

Thanks

Comment

I don't think the adapters were the problem. As the others have said, you were way too overclustered in that lane. You can try upping the mismatch rate or playing with the failed reads to get some more data back, but the chances of getting even 50% of your data back are pretty slim.

Next time you encounter overclustering in your flow cell, I would suggest immediately performing a strip and rehyb of your primers and restarting the run. This will usually lower the cluster density a little bit.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
              • seqadmin
                Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post seqadmin  
              Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
              0 responses