Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comparing detected genes. Coords for probesets of Affy GeneChip Mouse 430 2.0 Array.

Does anyone know where I can download genomic coordinates (chromosome, strand, start, end) for all probesets of this microarray? I was searching the Affy website for a couple of hours, can't find it. The microarray in question is:

Affymetrix GeneChip Mouse Genome 430 2.0 Array

Admittedly this is a very microarray-centric question, but the reason I'm asking is this: I want to check if genes detected by the microarray are also detected by HT-Sequencing (not RNA-Seq actually, but similar).

I.e. I want to know if genes detected by the microarray have also been detected by the HT-Sequencing. The question is just whether the same genes have been detected or not, NOT whether similar expression levels have been detected.

From the HT-Sequencing, I have coordinates of sequenced tags. I want to map them to some intermediate (RefSeq) and compare with expression levels from the probesets, which is data that I also have. Because directly comparing sequenced tags against probesets is not very informative I think.

Suggestions for alternative approaches are also very welcome.

Thanks.

With the R/Bioconductor package BiomaRt use this script

> library(biomaRt)
    > ensembl = useMart("ensembl")
    > ensembl = useMart("ensembl", dataset = "hsapiens_gene_ensembl")
    > affyids <- read.delim("mytextfile.txt", header=F,stringsAsFactors=F)[,1]
    > genelocs <- getBM(attributes = c("chromosome_name", "start_position",
    "end_position", "strand"), filters = "affy_hg_u133_plus_2", values = affyids, mart = ensembl)
    #### you can also use "affy_hg_u133_plus_2", "hgnc_symbol" to get affy probe set and gene symbol. "mytextfile.txt" is a list of Affy probe sets and you need to change the filter to your gene chip.

> data.frame(genelocs)
    > write.table(genelocs, file = "genelocs.bed", append = FALSE, sep = "\t")
    --------------
    Ethan

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
      Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
      by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
      04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
    • seqadmin
      Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
      by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
      03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post seqadmin  
    Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
    0 responses