No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bfast Sam format

Hello,

I am trying to map solid reads to a reference file using bfast, and during the post-processing step, when I try to get the output in sam format, bfast begins processing the reads and immediately prints the error message:
    AlignedReadConvert.c:705: AlignedReadConvertPrintAlignedEntryToSAM: Assertion `strlen(qual) == strlen(read)' failed.
    Abort

I checked the length of the qual line in the fastq file that I used and it was equal to the length of the sequence line. I also tried post processing with the output in baf format, and then converting to .sam format using bafconvert, but that resulted in the same error during the conversion step.

Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    etk1220

Originally posted by etk1220 View Post
    Hello,

I am trying to map solid reads to a reference file using bfast, and during the post-processing step, when I try to get the output in sam format, bfast begins processing the reads and immediately prints the error message:
    AlignedReadConvert.c:705: AlignedReadConvertPrintAlignedEntryToSAM: Assertion `strlen(qual) == strlen(read)' failed.
    Abort

I checked the length of the qual line in the fastq file that I used and it was equal to the length of the sequence line. I also tried post processing with the output in baf format, and then converting to .sam format using bafconvert, but that resulted in the same error during the conversion step.

Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    etk1220
    If you are aligning SOLiD reads the quality string should be one character fewer than the sequence string. i.e.

OK:
    Code:
    >READ
    T00000
    +
    IIIII
    NOT OK:
    Code:
    >READ
    T00000
    +
    IIIIII
    If you are not aligning SOLiD reads then can you check that there are no whitespaces in your sequence or quality strings?

Comment

How to view output

Hello,

I am new to BFast. I have executed the sample data from tutorial's commands. Now i have .sam reported file. Can anybody tell me how to view this file. Will i have to use other software to view the result? Thanks
      ~Adnan~

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
        Hello,

I am new to BFast. I have executed the sample data from tutorial's commands. Now i have .sam reported file. Can anybody tell me how to view this file. Will i have to use other software to view the result? Thanks
        The SAM format is described here and can be manipulated by SAMTools or Picard. Genome viewers (like IGV) can view the alignments. Feel free to search past posts or the software hub here at seqanswers for many interesting and helpful posts on each of these types of software.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
          Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
          by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
          04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
        • seqadmin
          Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
          by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
          03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post seqadmin  
        Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
        0 responses