Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TruSeq RNA Access Kit?

Has anyone been using the TruSeq RNA Access kit? We have been getting a snoRNA (SNORA63) soak up almost 10% of our reads from libraries we've generated with this kit. Seems to be present if we use high or low quality starting material. I'm attaching our Bioanalyzer traces, and you can clearly see there is an over-represented transcript present. I'm wondering if anyone else is having a similar issue? Any thoughts on whether this is due to insufficient post-capture washing? Thanks!
    Attached Files

Hi!

I'm having some similar trouble. is it just snora63? Any others affected? I have almost 90% TPM going to snoRNA for several of my preps. I'm concerned it may be an Illumina side error since it's happening in my UHR and HBR samples.

Comment

We have seen several different snoRNA's soak up reads in our analysis. We have been seeing the data improve recently by pre-heating the wash buffer during the second wash following captures. I can't say with absolute certainty that this will fix your problems. I think part of this problem begins with sample quality/complexity. Are you using FFPE material?

Comment

Are you still experiencing a large proportion of your reads going to snoRNA with theTruSeq RNA Access kit? By what proportion does pre-heating the wash buffer during the second wash following captures reduce the snoRNA reads?

Comment

Unfortunately, I don't have any head to head comparison data to share. The snoRNAs are actually targeted by probes within the RNA Access oligo pool, so in many cases there is nothing you can do do get rid of them. We implemented the heated wash step because we figured it couldn't hurt. The workflow generates such high exonic mapping rates that we simply stopped worrying about the contaminating snoRNAs. At the end of the day, their presence wasn't dramatically affecting our work.

What alignment rates are you seeing for snoRNA's in your experiment?

Comment

We are just gearing up to run our first samples (fresh frozen) with the kit so it is good to hear that it generates high exonic mapping rates. Will let you know the outcome.

Comment

I think you'll find it to be a pretty solid workflow. You should be right around 90% exonic alignment rates with fresh frozen tissue. With FFPE material, we're in the 80-90% range. Best of luck!

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
              • seqadmin
                Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post seqadmin  
              Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
              0 responses