SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Bioinformatics > Bioinformatics

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bioinformatics 101 perhaps? zianeffy Bioinformatics 9 11-03-2011 12:03 PM
Bioinformatics ac422 Bioinformatics 0 07-11-2011 04:18 AM
Bioinformatics Analyst/Senior Bioinformatics Analyst wzhang Academic/Non-Profit Jobs 0 04-13-2011 12:00 PM
Bioinformatics Analyst/Senior Bioinformatics Analyst ngs2011 Academic/Non-Profit Jobs 0 02-25-2011 09:53 AM
Bioinformatics Problem priyanka Bioinformatics 1 02-17-2011 06:05 AM

Old 01-17-2008, 10:00 AM   #1
bioinfosm

Default Bioinformatics

Just wanted to initiate some bioinfo discussions ... makes up a major chunk of this high throughput sequencing effort .. after getting the sequence

Any members here having experience with the data .. using it with some open access or in-house tools for mutation analysis, etc.

Moreover, issues with the huge amounts of data .. archival and computation issues
bioinfosm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 08:06 PM   #2
MadraghRua

Hi
I'm new to this list as well. I would be very curious to know how people are thinking about dealing with the data sets from these machines. I was thinking of indexing to the UCSC Golden Path build 18, but heard a talk today from ABI suggesting that one should compare to more than one data set. What are other folk doing on the analysis side?

One other thing I am curious about - what do people think about the MINSEQE standard? I remember the initial discussions about MIAME and how much data really needs to be stored on an experiment. Over time it turned into a set of tools, databases and sample materials that folk can now use. Are there any projects out there that would implement the proposed MINSEQE standard?
MadraghRua is offline   Reply With Quote