Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If it is correct, I'd like to know how the p5 and p7 tethered stands were cut?
    If you are looking for chemistry used for cleavage of strands during sequencing, I have got following from a rather old paper:

Immobilised oligos on paired end Flowcell surface:

Oligo ‘C’: 5’-PS-TTTTTTTTTTAATGATACGGCGACCACCGAGAUCTACAC-3’
    (U = 2-deoxyuridine), Linearization of oligo C with “USER” enzyme retains strand 1, attached to “D” oligo.

Oligo ‘D’: 5’-PS-TTTTTTTTTTCAAGCAGAAGACGGCATACGAGoxoAT-3’,
    (Goxo = 8-oxoguanine) Second strand is cleaved at the 8-oxoguanine in oligo 'D' using Fpg enzyme.

Comment

GenoMax, thanks for the information. Nucacidhunter, thank for explaining the chemistry. This is really cool! Now feel more comfortable to try customized sequencing primers. Since each time there is only one strand interrogated for sequencing, even my sequencing primer could anneal to both strand, it should not cause any problems.

I still have some questions about the turn-around business though. After the i7 indexing read, the other strand would be synthesized along with i5 index sequenced after 7 dark cycles. Should the full length of the new strand be fully extended before the read 2 sequencing started, because the full strand is needed as sequencing template for read2? If so, where are the consumable (dNTPs etc.) come from? Are those also contained in the reagent cartridge? It shouldn't be part of the reagents for 200bp reads, should it? I feel I might sound silly, but those questions keep annoying me if I can't find an answer.

Comment

Originally posted by cli View Post
        I still have some questions about the turn-around business though. After the i7 indexing read, the other strand would be synthesized along with i5 index sequenced after 7 dark cycles. Should the full length of the new strand be fully extended before the read 2 sequencing started, because the full strand is needed as sequencing template for read2? If so, where are the consumable (dNTPs etc.) come from? Are those also contained in the reagent cartridge? It shouldn't be part of the reagents for 200bp reads, should it? I feel I might sound silly, but those questions keep annoying me if I can't find an answer.
        After last cycle of 2nd index read, it is stripped away and new strand synthesis starts and reagents for it are in the sequencing kit components. If you want to make sure that your sequencing will be successful, you need to provide more information about your experiment design and protocol and ....

I wonder how you ended up having the same priming site in both strands.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyBrooks View Post
          However, if you're generating library directly from PCR, why not remove those sequences all together and just use custom read primers. Your custom read primers will just be versions of your fwd and rev primer sequences. You'll also waste less reagent by not sequencing your primers. See my post further up.
          Regarding this comment from a while back - if your target is a PCR amplicon product and the ends are all the same primer sequences, isn't the ONLY way to successfully sequence this is through a custom sequencing primer?

Otherwise you'd be sequencing a pool of homogeneous ends for the length of your PCR primers, right? (Unless your pool is made of products that came from multiple primer sets.)

Comment

indexed primer

hi everybody, i will apply the Miseq staregy but i didn't understand how to prepare the indexed primer from my initial primer?!!

Comment

I just did my duel index sequencing on miseq. It returned nice results. Here is the index primer (primer for indexing PCR) I used:

P7 Index CAAGCAGAAGACGGCATACGAGATgctaacgcGTGACTGGAGTTCAGACGTGT
              P5 Index AATGATACGGCGACCACCGAGATCTACACgctaacgcACACTCTTTCCCTACACGACGCTCTT

Here is the sample sheet I used for the run:

[Header]
              IEMFileVersion 4
              Date 12/10/14
              Workflow GenerateFASTQ
              Application FASTQ Only
              Assay TruSeq HT
              Description
              Chemistry Amplicon

[Reads]

[Settings]
              ReverseComplement 0
              Adapter AGATCGGAAGAGCACACGTCTGAACTCCAGTCA
              AdapterRead2 AGATCGGAAGAGCGTCGTGTAGGGAAAGAGTGT

[Data]
              Sample_ID Sample_Name Sample_Plate Sample_Well I7_Index_ID index I5_Index_ID index2 Sample_Project Description
              1 A11 Index517 GCGTTAGC IS4_517 GCTAACGC

Hope this helps

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                03-08-2024, 10:41 AM
              • seqadmin
                The Impact of AI in Genomic Medicine
                by seqadmin

Artificial intelligence (AI) has evolved from a futuristic vision to a mainstream technology, highlighted by the introduction of tools like OpenAI's ChatGPT and Google's Gemini. In recent years, AI has become increasingly integrated into the field of genomics. This integration has enabled new scientific discoveries while simultaneously raising important ethical questions1. Interviews with two researchers at the center of this intersection provide insightful perspectives into...
                02-26-2024, 02:07 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by seqadmin, 03-14-2024, 06:13 AM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post seqadmin  
              Started by seqadmin, 03-08-2024, 08:03 AM
              0 responses