Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes - it was not JUST Illumina - but Illumina can help sort the situation out.

So now Illumina have "lost the keys", so to speak, to my Miseq data and just because I gave someone the benefit of the doubt AFTER tech support said they where just "linking" the databases!! :- oh lets be precise -) we don't want the forum shut down or something) - they have not answered the question of the data, they ignored it and threatened me for being nice to someone on this forum.

Come nice people in Adelaide - tell me what's going on!

[email protected]

Dan
    Last edited by dannyhi321; 04-21-2016, 09:30 AM.

Comment

I've never had issues with basespace deleting data as a result of % disk space used, but I've never worried about hitting an upper cap on data storage, either.

There are issues, possibly, around run ownership and permissions (i.e. if I start the run on the instrument and give the machine my basespace account info, I'm the "owner" of the run and can share it or transfer ownership to other people/collaborators). If the MiSeqs were/are run by other personnel, the OP may not have access to the data on basespace if he's not the owner.

I can't say more without additional information. I've never heard of Illumina locking people out of their basespace data though, and I worked for a company that was on the verge of bankruptcy at one point and was very bad at paying their bills. Even then, Illumina did not hold any of our data hostage.

Comment

Originally posted by Jessica_L View Post
        I've never had issues with basespace deleting data as a result of % disk space used, but I've never worried about hitting an upper cap on data storage, either.
        My reference was to data being deleted from local MiSeq disk (% space used). I have edited my post above to reflect this clearly.

Comment

Originally posted by dannyhi321 View Post
          Yes - it was not JUST Illumina - but Illumina can help sort the situation out.

So now Illumina have "lost the keys", so to speak, to my Miseq data and just because I gave someone the benefit of the doubt AFTER tech support said they where just "linking" the databases!! :- oh lets be precise -) we don't want the forum shut down or something) - they have not answered the question of the data, they ignored it and threatened me for being nice to someone on this forum.

Come nice people in Adelaide - tell me what's going on!

[email protected]

Dan
          Basespace account is not tied to any particular MiSeq as far as I know.

If you are the owner of the basespace account, you should have no issue accessing data that is stored on basespace even if you have no access to the MiSeqs at the moment.

If those runs are not done under your basespace account, you could easily ask whoever did those runs to share/transfer data over to your basespace account. If they did not choose to upload it to basespace and local data were deleted, I am not sure how you would be able to get those data back. I doubt illumina could if its not on the cloud storage.

Who were those people that are "linking database ? Illumina ? If so, what does that have to do with "people in Adelaide" ?

linking what database ? Basespace ?

Lastly, I highly doubt they will "shutdown the forum". This site doesn't belong to Illumina.
          Last edited by gabrieltw; 02-22-2016, 01:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GenoMax View Post
            My reference was to data being deleted from local MiSeq disk (% space used). I have edited my post above to reflect this clearly.
            Oh, understood. Sorry. Still, Basespace doesn't have the functionality to do that. Not that I've ever seen, anyway. When I ran up against D and E temp drive storage limits on GAs and HiSeqs, the run usually paused until you freed up space-- the software has never, in my experience anyway, deleted any files or data without user intervention (not including the automatic cleanup of intermediate files that are generated/analyzed as part of RTA, such as images, intensity extractions, and bcl files).

Comment

so did you ever move these instruments to uk?

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                03-08-2024, 10:41 AM
              • seqadmin
                The Impact of AI in Genomic Medicine
                by seqadmin

Artificial intelligence (AI) has evolved from a futuristic vision to a mainstream technology, highlighted by the introduction of tools like OpenAI's ChatGPT and Google's Gemini. In recent years, AI has become increasingly integrated into the field of genomics. This integration has enabled new scientific discoveries while simultaneously raising important ethical questions1. Interviews with two researchers at the center of this intersection provide insightful perspectives into...
                02-26-2024, 02:07 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by seqadmin, 03-14-2024, 06:13 AM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post seqadmin  
              Started by seqadmin, 03-08-2024, 08:03 AM
              0 responses