Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I found this page, maybe this is what you are looking for? I hope this helps:

Best,

C

Comment

• PE primers

Hi,

I am looking for PE primer 1.0 and primer 2.0 sequences that people have good experience with. There is too much confusion whether these primers need to be modified at 3' (LCNA or phosphothioate).

Can anyone share exact modifications for primers and their sequences? I already have lot of adapters that come with PE oligo kit but ran out of primers.

Thanks
      Shob

Comment

• thanks a lot

Comment

• Hi, what is the range of DNA reduced representation libraries sequence length, its 200-300bp, the older one, what is the newer length range?.

Comment

• Originally posted by dandestroy View Post
            Sorry for the small font, but that's the only way I could make it fit

Paired-end DNA

PE Adapter1:
            5' -------------------- -----ACACTCTTTCCCTAC ACGACGCTCTTCCGATCT (-) -------------------- -------------------- -------------------- - 3'
            3' -------------------- -----TGTGAGAAAGGGATG TGCTGCGAGAAGGCTAGp (-) -------------------- -------------------- -------------------- - 5'
            PE Adapter2:
            5' -------------------- -------------------- ------------------ (-) pGATCGGAAGAGCGGTTCAG CAGGAATGCCGAG------- -------------------- - 3'
            3' -------------------- -------------------- ------------------ (-) TCTAGCCTTCTCGCCAAGTC GTCCTTACGGCTC------- -------------------- - 5'
            PE PCR Primer1:
            5' AATGATACGGCGACCACCGA GATCTACACTCTTTCCCTAC ACGACGCTCTTCCGATCT (-) -------------------- -------------------- -------------------- - 3'
            3' -------------------- -------------------- ------------------ (-) -------------------- -------------------- -------------------- - 5'
            PE PCR Primer2:
            5' -------------------- -------------------- ------------------ (-) -------------------- -------------------- -------------------- - 3'
            3' -------------------- -------------------- ------------------ (-) TCTAGCCTTCTCGCCAAGTC GTCCTTACGGCTCTGGCTAG AGCATACGGCAGAAGACGAA C 5'
            Result Library:
            5' AATGATACGGCGACCACCGA GATCTACACTCTTTCCCTAC ACGACGCTCTTCCGATCT (N) AGATCGGAAGAGCGGTTCAG CAGGAATGCCGAGACCGATC TCGTATGCCGTCTTCTGCTT G 3'
            3' TTACTATGCCGCTGGTGGCT CTAGATGTGAGAAAGGGATG TGCTGCGAGAAGGCTAGA (N) TCTAGCCTTCTCGCCAAGTC GTCCTTACGGCTCTGGCTAG AGCATACGGCAGAAGACGAA C 5'
            PE DNA Sequencing Primer1
            5' -------------------- -----ACACTCTTTCCCTAC ACGACGCTCTTCCGATCT (-) -------------------- -------------------- -------------------- - 3'
            3' -------------------- -------------------- ------------------ (-) -------------------- -------------------- -------------------- - 5'
            PE DNA Sequencing Primer2
            5' -------------------- -------------------- ------------------ (-) -------------------- -------------------- -------------------- - 3'
            3' -------------------- -------------------- ------------------ (-) TCTAGCCTTCTCGCCAAGTC GTCCTTACGGCTCTGGC--- -------------------- - 5'

Hi all,

Can anyone point me to a reference for this sequence? following the Illumina TruSeq kit, the final PE TruSeq product doesn't look like this for me. Especially for the top read, after the Ns, where the 3' adapter is, seems to be different.

Really appreciate any feedback!

Comment

• Originally posted by tldgID View Post
              Hi all,

Can anyone point me to a reference for this sequence? following the Illumina TruSeq kit, the final PE TruSeq product doesn't look like this for me. Especially for the top read, after the Ns, where the 3' adapter is, seems to be different.

Really appreciate any feedback!
              The library schematic you are looking at is for legacy Illumina adapters not the the TruSeq versions. The original adapters required a PCR step to add the portion of the library that attaches to the Flowcell. The True Seq adapters are complete and there are some sequence differences to the original non-True Seq versions - check the Illumina customer letter for the correct sequemces.

Comment

• Originally posted by protist View Post
                The library schematic you are looking at is for legacy Illumina adapters not the the TruSeq versions. The original adapters required a PCR step to add the portion of the library that attaches to the Flowcell. The True Seq adapters are complete and there are some sequence differences to the original non-True Seq versions - check the Illumina customer letter for the correct sequemces.
                Thanks protist! not sure what 'legacy Illumina adapters' are thought! and I couldn't find any information about them on Illumina website or customer letter. But anyways, thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by tldgID View Post
                  Thanks protist! not sure what 'legacy Illumina adapters' are thought! and I couldn't find any information about them on Illumina website or customer letter. But anyways, thanks.
                  The original adapters (what I called legacy) released by Illumina are not exactly the same sequence as the currently in use TruSeq adapters - e.g. old adapters did not have indexes TruSeq ones do. The sequences for the individual TruSeq adapters can be found in the Illumina customer letter (see attached) which can also be downloaded from the Illumina website. I have also attached an alignment I had illustrating the differences between the original adapters and the currently in use TruSeq adapters.
                  Attached Files

Comment

• This is a great comparison protist! thank you!

Comment

• Hi,
                      I've been trying to sequence the V3-V4 region of the 16S gene was hoping touse my forward and reverse primers as my sequencing primers and the reverse compliment of the reverse primer as my index primer. The problem I just found during a real time PCR to determine sequencing primer efficiency is that the primers will not bind their targets efficiently at the required temperature (65oC).
                      We can easily increase the length of the sequencing primers going back into the Illumina adapters, but I am afraid that when I increase the length of the index primer I will end up out of the conservative region. I've tried including several degeneracies, but the lowest Tm is never higher than 65oC.
                      the reverse primer I choose is the S-D-Bact-0785-a-A-21: 5′-GACTACHVGGGTATCTAATCC-3

I appreciate any ideas or comments.

Marcio.

Comment

• Hi
                        I m new and happy to be part of seqanswers
                        I hope to learne and to be also usful
                        mchikri

Comment

• Insert length?

Can anyone plz tell mE what is the insert length (bp) (assuming adaptor length is 60bp on each end) for 350bp DNA fragment subjected to paired end sequencing.
                          THANKS!

Comment

• Originally posted by bssharma View Post
                            Can anyone plz tell mE what is the insert length (bp) (assuming adaptor length is 60bp on each end) for 350bp DNA fragment subjected to paired end sequencing.
                            THANKS!
                            230 bp? (350 - (2 x 60))
                            Not entirely clear what you are asking, though. I am presuming by "350 bp DNA fragment" you mean, 350 bp amplicon.

--
                            Phillip
                            Last edited by pmiguel; 11-07-2013, 06:55 AM.

Comment

• Hi, I think i got my answer, thanks. If you can also tell me in Illumina sequencing which sequencing read length format generates overlapping end? and how long is the overlapping region for 230bp insert?
                              Thank you so much

Comment

• Originally posted by pmiguel View Post
                                230 bp? (350 - (2 x 60))
                                Not entirely clear what you are asking, though. I am presuming by "350 bp DNA fragment" you mean, 350 bp amplicon.
                                Hi, I think i got my answer, thanks. If you can also tell me in Illumina sequencing which sequencing read length format generates overlapping end? and how long is the overlapping region for 230bp insert?
                                Thank you so much

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                                  Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                                  by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                                  Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                                  03-08-2024, 10:41 AM
                                • seqadmin
                                  The Impact of AI in Genomic Medicine
                                  by seqadmin

Artificial intelligence (AI) has evolved from a futuristic vision to a mainstream technology, highlighted by the introduction of tools like OpenAI's ChatGPT and Google's Gemini. In recent years, AI has become increasingly integrated into the field of genomics. This integration has enabled new scientific discoveries while simultaneously raising important ethical questions1. Interviews with two researchers at the center of this intersection provide insightful perspectives into...
                                  02-26-2024, 02:07 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by seqadmin, 03-14-2024, 06:13 AM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post seqadmin  
                                Started by seqadmin, 03-08-2024, 08:03 AM
                                0 responses