Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TruSeq adapter sequences?

Does anyone know the sequences for the new TruSeq adapters?

Thanks!

The new TruSeq adapters for DNA library prep are 60 bp/side (rather than 32 bp/side). I'm not sure how many bp PCR adds to that in the new prep, and Illumina doesn't plan to release any of these sequences until sometime next year. I figure someone will end up sequencing the adapters before Illumina officially releases the sequence.

Comment

In case this is of interest to anyone, I believe I have most of the TruSeq index sequences:

I stumbled on a screenshot in one of their tech bulletins that confirmed some preliminary sequence information we have; the indexes appear to be as follows:

TruSeq Indexes (?)

1 ATCACG
      2 CGATGT
      4 TGACCA
      5 ACAGTG
      6 GCCAAT
      7 CAGATC
      8 ACTTGA
      9 GATCAG
      12 CTTGTA

I would also be very interested in the full TruSeq adaptor oligo sequences.

Comment

TruSeq adapter sequences posted in this thread were removed by request, please see the statement below from Illumina.

"For the past few years, Illumina, Inc. has made sequence information used in its sequencing technology available to customers upon request. This information is frequently updated and subject to certain restrictions. For more information, please contact Illumina Customer Solutions at 858-202-4566 or [email protected]"

Comment

We just recevied the full TruSeq sequences from our FAS so I imagine that they are available from Illumina based on their terms and conditions. Just as an FYI, the sequences are exactly the same as the previously published multiplex sequences except that, as noted above, the ligated adaptors are complete and PCR is optional.

The sequences will be a bit more challenging to make and when you consider the longer length and the price reductions for the new kits, the advantages of making them in the lab are greatly diminished.

The available 48 index sequences are also available. 12 are in the TruSeq RNA kit and the other 36 are in the small RNA kit. There was an error in indexes 25 and 26 being the same, but I think that has been fixed in the current documents.
          HudsonAlpha Institute for Biotechnology
          http://www.hudsonalpha.org/gsl

Comment

The key bit that Illumina needs to publicize is what you need to design into PCR primers to create what 454 calls "fusion primers". With the 2x150 format & the fast times on the MiSeq, direct amplicon sequencing on Illumina will become common -- but only if folks can design the primers!!

Comment

Attached is a list of all their barcodes

TruSeq kit A contains index numbers 2,4,5,6,7,12 and should be used when pooling 6 or fewer samples together.

TruSeq kit B contains index numbers 1,3,8,9,10,11.
              Attached Files

Comment

NGS,

Illumina has asked that I take down any TruSeq Adapter information. See their statement above. Apologies but I can't take them on!

Eric

Comment

Hi There...... I am in desperate need of the Truseq adapters and other Truseq sequences.... From what I understand is that some one had already posted the Truseq sequences in the Thread but they have been removed probably because of the Proprietory issues... if anyone does know something about those sequences, Kindly help me out wth this bit of Information.....I am using the Truseq kits, as they are all upgraded... Because I cant make the libraries blindly.... I need to know what adapters I am using and what happens in the downstream process of sequencing.......I feel the admin will reject the post if it includes Truseq sequences.... If that is the problem, Kindly send me a personal message to my mail ID..... Regards.....SPS

Comment

Hi Santosh,

Just contact Illumina's techsupport team and ask. They give them out freely but there are restrictions on redistribution. It appears heavy handed but at least you know the data you are sent are up-to-date.

Illumina Technical Support <[email protected]>

Comment

Illumina will give out the adapter sequences but they refuse to give out the sequences of the sequencing primers. It's like pulling teeth to find out what the HP7 primers are.

Comment

The Genomic DNA Sequencing Primer is given on page 6 of the latest primer sequence document from Illumina. This is the same for most applications and a simple search in the PDF will show you where this sequence binds to other adapter molecules.

Comment

What are the HP7 turn around primers though? Apparently it is a mixture of PE Read 2 and Multiplex Read 2 but they won't confirm this.

Comment

Hi All,

I am preparing libraries for methylation sequencing using the true-seq kit. I will do bisulphite conversion after size selection. Can anyone tell me the how to get / to design the primers to amplify the library after bisulphite conversion. I have confirmed from the Illumina tech support guys that the adaptors are methylated, so bisulphite conversion will not have any effect on the adaptor sequences.

Can anyone help with details , please.

- Aniruddha ([email protected])

Comment

We are using TruSeq kits and currently only 12 different index sequences are available. I was already wondering when more would be released.
                              Now I see in the PDF-file that was attached above that for Small RNA libraries, there are 48 sequences. Does anyone know if they will ever be available for cDNA / gDNA etc.?

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                                Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                                by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                                Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                                03-08-2024, 10:41 AM
                              • seqadmin
                                The Impact of AI in Genomic Medicine
                                by seqadmin

Artificial intelligence (AI) has evolved from a futuristic vision to a mainstream technology, highlighted by the introduction of tools like OpenAI's ChatGPT and Google's Gemini. In recent years, AI has become increasingly integrated into the field of genomics. This integration has enabled new scientific discoveries while simultaneously raising important ethical questions1. Interviews with two researchers at the center of this intersection provide insightful perspectives into...
                                02-26-2024, 02:07 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by seqadmin, 03-14-2024, 06:13 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post seqadmin  
                              Started by seqadmin, 03-08-2024, 08:03 AM
                              0 responses