Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The data we saw at AGBT on longer reads showed lots of high quality data coming of the instruments. Quality is affected by many things, phasing and chemistry stability being two. I am sure reads will get longer. They have on almost every other sequencing platform over the last 30 years.

I'd be happy to do the ultra-long MiSeq experiment if only Illumina would drop one off for a long weekend.

Comment

Anyone have an estimate for the total size per run of the outfiles. For example a per year per machine storage need? Are the outfiles the same as the HiSeq (just much smaller)?

Comment

Hi,
        It is shown that MiSeq will be able to do smallRNAs and Chip-seq

1.I was wandering how many M clean reads will be output from the small RNA run?
        2.and also is it posible to do a DGE analysis and target gene seq, on MiSeq, and overall what other application will be able to do on the platform except the mentioned above?
        ------------
        SMART - bioinfo.uni-plovdiv.bg

Comment

Originally posted by dcfargo View Post
          Anyone have an estimate for the total size per run of the outfiles. For example a per year per machine storage need?
          You can have no more than 15 runs on the machine. Keep in mind that you will have probably to buy a computer dedicated to the MiSeq.

Comment

Check out the archived Webinar for a detailed overview - http://www.illumina.com/events/webinars.ilmn

My Sample. My Study. MiSeq. Introducing Illumina's personal sequencing system (Wednesday, April 20, 2011).

Comment

Originally posted by razibus View Post
              You can have no more than 15 runs on the machine.
              15 runs of what sort in what timeframe? Given that the instrument's longest running mode is spec-ed at about 3 days, you should be able to get more like 100 runs a year; the shorter running modes could be multiple per day.

Comment

Originally posted by krobison View Post
                15 runs of what sort in what timeframe? Given that the instrument's longest running mode is spec-ed at about 3 days, you should be able to get more like 100 runs a year; the shorter running modes could be multiple per day.
                Probably 15 runs total stored on the machine. I.e. the disk capacity is probably large enough to store 15 runs (i.e. time period is not relevant).

Cheers,

Scott.

Comment

Sorry but I don't have the details, they told me 10-15 runs. The device is not on the market so it is as hard to have information on MiSeq as to talk about PGM on this forum...

The main idea is that the integrated analysis module on MiSeq won't be too powerfull, for example you cannot launch a run and make your bioinformatics on an old run in the same time. That's why they are working on a solution to link MiSeq to a computer in order to transfer datas easily for example.

This is quite predictable as both GS Junior and PGM have a dedicated computer.

Comment

DUH! Thanks for the correction.

Comment

Originally posted by razibus View Post
                      The device is not on the market so it is as hard to have information on MiSeq as to talk about PGM on this forum...
                      Quote of the day.

Comment

Ok, it was too easy. No comment.

Comment

I have the exact information now : you can have 5 runs of 6 GB on your MiSeq.

Comment

krobison has a new post up that has real information about MiSeq specs from a poster at CSHL.

Any chance of putting the poster up?

Comment

The poster & a PowerPoint deck with a smidge of additional information (for example, showing the mean quality score vs. base position) are up on the MiSeq site; only because of Anthony Fejes' post did I realize this (feeling a bit dumb I didn't look there).

You do need to do a brief leaving of name, email, etc. I suspect it does not vet your entries, so those wishing to remain anonymous can leave "[email protected]" :-)

Comment

Hi All,

I just started blogging and my first post is about what we might get one day from MiSeq. I estimated 25Gb from a run. Sounds crazy? Check out my reasoning here...http://bit.ly/lRUwSC.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                                  Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                                  by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                                  Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                                  03-08-2024, 10:41 AM
                                • seqadmin
                                  The Impact of AI in Genomic Medicine
                                  by seqadmin

Artificial intelligence (AI) has evolved from a futuristic vision to a mainstream technology, highlighted by the introduction of tools like OpenAI's ChatGPT and Google's Gemini. In recent years, AI has become increasingly integrated into the field of genomics. This integration has enabled new scientific discoveries while simultaneously raising important ethical questions1. Interviews with two researchers at the center of this intersection provide insightful perspectives into...
                                  02-26-2024, 02:07 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by seqadmin, 03-14-2024, 06:13 AM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post seqadmin  
                                Started by seqadmin, 03-08-2024, 08:03 AM
                                0 responses