SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Applications Forums > Sample Prep / Library Generation

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
low 260/230 ratio for RNA-seq sample yuzhang Sample Prep / Library Generation 3 09-27-2012 12:20 PM
about Agilent's SureSelect DNA Capture Array chenjy Bioinformatics 2 05-02-2011 07:11 PM
library: control signal ratio gallus 454 Pyrosequencing 2 08-11-2010 05:02 AM
Procedure for paired-end with Agilent SureSelect array capture dnaeve Genomic Resequencing 5 04-16-2010 09:09 AM
In solution capture of whole chunks of genomic DNA? CG&R Sample Prep / Library Generation 1 03-31-2010 04:29 AM

Old 07-23-2010, 05:20 AM   #1
JUdw

Default In-solution SureSelect capture library to prepped sample ratio

I’m wondering about the in-solution SureSelect library to prepped sample ratio. The SureSelect protocol states “The ratio of SureSelect capture library to prepped library is critical for successful capture”. What ratio we’re talking about here? I suppose it is the molar bait to target ratio? So then when I have a 4x tilled bait design, can I decrease the Sureselect capture library weight by two? Furthermore, when I enrich a species like e.g. Arabidopsis, which is >10x smaller then human, then the molar bait to target ratio also increases doesn’t it?
JUdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 07:35 AM   #2
Exeplex

Hi,

There is some useful information in the MYselect manual (a system not dissimilar to Agilent's SureSelect), where they actually give you such details as the bait concentration and numbers of molecules in the bait library versus target (details notably absent from any Agilent protocols).

Should be particularly useful if you are scaling your reactions up or down, doing multiplex capture reactions or using custom libraries.

The MYselect protocol manual can be downloaded from here:
http://www.mycroarray.com/products/myselect.html
and no, I don't work for them (although I'll probably be trying out their system for myself pretty soon)!

Good luck!
Exeplex is offline   Reply With Quote