Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi everybody!

I starting using bowtie today, i wanted to align csfasta + qual file width the bowtie.
    I build the reference fasta file width the bowtie-build, after that i try to align the csfasta+qual file to the reference file(s), but i have error massege.
    The bowtie-build command:
    bowtie-build -C reference_genom.fa ref/reference_genom
    The bowtie command:
    bowtie -C ref/reference_genom -f read.csfasta -Q quality.qual -S align.sam
    And the error command with my bowtie commnad:
    bowtie -C ref/reference_genom -f read.csfasta -Q quality.qual -S align.sam
    /usr/include/seqan/sequence/string_base.h:237 Assertion failed : static_cast<TStringPos>(pos) < static_cast<TStringPos>(length(me)) was: 48 >= 48 (Trying to access an element behind the last one!)
    Aborted
    The csfasta file contains only short reads, every sequances are 50 bp long.

My question is that what is the error mean? I try to search this error message but don't found anything.
    I installed the bowtie width the following way:
    sudo apt-get install bowtie
    I really appreciate any help/answer.
    Thank you!
    Last edited by Guest; 04-03-2014, 08:34 AM.

Comment

• This means something is wrong with you csfasta or quality file.

Comment

• Hi Ben,
        really happy that i can talk with you here because at first when i was working with bowtie2 i asked myself how much you can be clever that created bowtie and how much i am not who cant run bowtie properly...
        anyway i have a question about --un option:
        if i want to separate mapped and unmapped reads when aligning, which code i should type???
        bowtie2 -x [name of the bowtie2-build indicized file containing the rRNA sequence] --un [name of the fastq file which will contain the UNMAPPED reads] -U [name of the fastq file containing the reads] -S [name of the .sam file that will contain the MAPPED and UNMAPPED reads]
        I could not understand about --un option because i don't know which i should type instead of [name of the fastq file which will contain the UNMAPPED reads]

Comment

• I'm obviously not Ben, but "--un unmapped.fastq" or "--un sample.unmapped.fastq" or something along those lines would be common. Pick a name that makes sense to you, it doesn't matter what it is.

Comment

• Nice work Ben. Happy to that im here!
            Medical Billing service

Medical Billing Company

Comment

• Hi all,

Sorry to resurrect this topic, but my workflow depends on Bowtie (not Bowtie2) so I'd like to ask for an advice on the following issue:

In a couple of published paired-end datasets, I encountered a problem that long reads are being mapped OK, but reads shorter than 100 bp in one dataset (or shorter than 150 bp in another dataset) don't get mapped. I am using Bowtie with the following parameters:

-t -v 2 -m 1 --solexa-quals hg19 -1 [reads file 1] -2 [reads file 2]

Could you please suggest what's going wrong?

Thanks!

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
              • seqadmin
                Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by seqadmin, 03-27-2024, 06:37 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post seqadmin  
              Started by seqadmin, 03-27-2024, 06:07 PM
              0 responses