Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Subscribe to SEQanswers RSS Feeds

I've gotten a couple questions on how RSS feeds (for use in Google Reader, or the like) are implemented on this board and I hope that I can clear it up in this post.

There are many different types of feeds available depending on your interests and/or how much of the forum you want to subscribe to.

The whole enchilada

If you want to subscribe to every new POST, made by any user in any forum, use the following feed URL:

If you want to subscribe to just every new THREAD, made by any user, use the following as the feed URL: http://feeds.feedburner.com/seqanswers-all

The front page

To subscribe only to the front page news, which is typically selected as the most broadly relevant content, use the following feed URL: http://feeds.feedburner.com/seqanswers

Specific Forums

It is possible to get an RSS feed for a specific forum or set of forums. Until I implement a better system, it will take just a moment to compile each URL.

Every forum has a "forumid" which is found when you view the forum as part of the URL. For example the "General" Forum appears at the URL http://seqanswers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16 the forumid is 16. Pretty simple, eh?

To generate a feed for the General forum only, simply append that forumid to the following URL as so:

http://seqanswers.com/forums/external.php?type=RSS2&forumids=16

Using this method it is possible to generate RSS feeds for any specific forum you want.

If you wanted to generate a single feed which combines multiple forums, simply add that forum's id as well. For example, http://seqanswers.com/forums/external.php?type=RSS2&forumids=16,20 would feed both the General forum AND the Jobs forum simultaneously.

Hopefully that helps clear things up.

Is it possible to configure the RSS feed to display more than just the first sentence? Specifically:

We do this routinely on our metagenomics datasets - we're using the CLCbio de novo assembler although we're sequencing with a 454 rather than a...

[[ Summary only...Visit SEQanswers.com for full links, attachments, etc ]]
    --
    Senthil Palanisami

Comment

Hi Senthil,

Definitely, sorry about that. Default was 200 characters, I just upped it to 1000. If that's not enough I can shut off the summary feature altogether.

-=E

Comment

Awesome, thanks!
        --
        Senthil Palanisami

Comment

I'm getting short messages:

Hi, you might have a look at the attached picture and at an overview of
          sequencing at this website;...

[[ Summary only...Visit SEQanswers.com for the full post ]]

Is it still 1000?

Comment

Originally posted by vadim View Post
            I'm getting short messages:

Hi, you might have a look at the attached picture and at an overview of
            sequencing at this website;...

[[ Summary only...Visit SEQanswers.com for the full post ]]

Is it still 1000?
            Sorry I just caught this. Which feed is giving you that?

Comment

The first link in the thread:

Comment

Originally posted by vadim View Post
                The first link in the thread:
                http://feeds.feedburner.com/seqanswers-posts
                Fixed on that and all other feeds that come via Feedburner/Google. Apologies. Full content is pushed to the RSS feed for each item.

Comment

Hi,

is it possible to create a filter to the rss feeds with certain words.

Like if I want to have only the new THREADS which are about PacBio or about DESeq or anything else.
                  Is that possible?

Thanks

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                    Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                    by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                    03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
                  • seqadmin
                    Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                    by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                    Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                    03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post seqadmin  
                  Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
                  0 responses