No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Degenerate primers desing software

Hi all of you,

I'm looking for a software to design degenerate primers to make a multiplex PCR to try to close a little genome who has 10 contigs. I tried to use some primers developers softwares but these couldn't give me what I want. Do somebody know a tool that could help me?

thanks a lot

If you only have 10 gaps to close, and can guess the placement of some of them using a reference related species, then specific primers should be fine. I appreciate if you don't know which order the contigs run in, this could be harder.

I would consider a mixed primer strategy - design up to 20 specific primers (both ends of each fragment) and do a mixed PCR (with multiple primers together) then size selection of any products. Talk to your lab colleagues about this.
    Last edited by maubp; 08-22-2012, 07:33 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

Originally posted by rexxi View Post
      Hi all of you,

I'm looking for a software to design degenerate primers to make a multiplex PCR to try to close a little genome who has 10 contigs. I tried to use some primers developers softwares but these couldn't give me what I want. Do somebody know a tool that could help me?

thanks a lot
      Can you estimate the size of the gaps based on the genome size? In doing this type of work in the past, I found it really helps to know the expected gap size when optimizing PCR reactions. For example, if you expect a gap to be around 4kb, you would use a different set of conditions than if you expected a gap of 100 bp.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
        Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
        by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
        03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
      • seqadmin
        Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
        by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
        Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
        03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post seqadmin  
      Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
      0 responses