Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Assembly vs mapping results

Hi guys, I performed RNA-seq analysis of bacterial transcriptome in four different stressed conditions, mapping the reads on its own genome available in NCBI. Then I used FeatureCounts for reads counting and finally I performed differential analysis with NOISeq R package, because of the absence of replicates.
    Before that, my tutor submitted the analysis to a famous company requiring a de novo assembly (they used the trinity pipeline for assembly and differential analysis).
    I used the same fastq files, and finally I found a larger number of DE genes, but my results are the opposite of company's results. How is it possible? I know that mapping is better than assembly when a reference genome is available and above all I know that the trinity pipeline have some problems for differential analysis, because it uses DESeq or edgeR after quantification by RSEM.
    What do you think about?

This question is difficult to answer without access to data. Why did the company used trinity when you have bacterial genomes and don't expect any splicing. Trinity only assembles transcripts and does not do any diff analysis. Did you not tell the company about the reference genomes available when you asked them to do sequencing?

Were you mapping reads to a very close genome at NCBI? Bacterial genomes can vary a lot even for type strains for what is in your lab and reference at NCBI.

Comment

What do you mean by 'opposite'?

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
        Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
        by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
        03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
      • seqadmin
        Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
        by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
        Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
        03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post seqadmin  
      Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
      0 responses