SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Bioinformatics > Bioinformatics

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
parser needed for bcl2fastq2 output lac302 Bioinformatics 6 03-06-2018 07:47 AM
8 column output file from SAMtools mpileup erica.n Bioinformatics 6 04-22-2016 09:34 AM
BLASR output - what does each column mean? ritzriya Pacific Biosciences 7 01-20-2014 09:52 PM
what is the gap column of GMAP output gruberjd Bioinformatics 2 10-18-2013 11:23 PM
varScan output, all N in the REF column xgong Bioinformatics 5 11-08-2012 08:37 AM

Old 09-13-2018, 05:57 AM   #1
R0bert

Default bcl2fastq2 html output column meanings

Hi,

I have a question concerning the bcl2fastq2 html output. I'm attaching an example lane summary table found in the html output.
I'm wondering what the meaning of the "% PF Clusters" column (7th column) is. Is there another pass filter applied than the one resulting in the PF Clusters (2nd column)?

Thanks and best,
Robert
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bcl2fastq2_html_output.jpg (95.7 KB, 5 views)
R0bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 05:11 AM   #2
kmcarr

Quote:
Originally Posted by R0bert View Post
Hi,

I have a question concerning the bcl2fastq2 html output. I'm attaching an example lane summary table found in the html output.
I'm wondering what the meaning of the "% PF Clusters" column (7th column) is. Is there another pass filter applied than the one resulting in the PF Clusters (2nd column)?

Thanks and best,
Robert
Robert,

No, there is no additional filtering. The %PF column is telling you what percentage of the original (Raw) clusters those reported PF clusters represent. You could back calculate from the data given how many Raw clusters there were (see table).

As an aside 15% PF is very poor for any Illumina instrument and the reported quality is very poor as well. You should discuss these issues with whomever performed the sequencing run.
Attached Images
File Type: png RawVsPF.png (36.7 KB, 5 views)
kmcarr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bcl2fastq, bcl2fastq2, filtering, html, quality assessment