Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VelvetOptimiser

tnt@Lam-Nguyen:~/Downloads/software/VelvetOptimiser-2.2.5$ VelvetOptimiser.pl -s 27 -e 31 -f '-shortPaired -fastq shuff_k8_q30.fastq' -t 4 --optFuncKmer n50

VelvetOptimiser.pl Version 2.2.4
    Number of CPUs available: 4
    Current free RAM: 2.425GB
    Velvet OMP compiler setting: 1
    Th10 4 12:08:52 Starting to check input parameters.
    Velveth parameter string OK.
    Th10 4 12:08:52 Finished checking input parameters.
    Logfile name: 04-10-2013-12-08-52_Logfile.txt
    Velvet details:
    Velvet version: 1.2.09
    Compiled categories: 2
    Compiled max kmer length: 31
    Maximum number of velvetinstances to run: 4
    Will run velvet optimiser with the following paramters:
    Velveth parameter string:
    -shortPaired -fastq shuff_k8_q30.fastq
    Velveth start hash values: 27
    Velveth end hash value: 31
    Velveth hash step value: 2
    Velvetg minimum coverage cutoff to use: 0

Read tracking for final assembly off.
    i is 27
    i is 29
    i is 31
    Th10 4 12:08:52 Beginning velveth runs.
    Th10 4 12:08:52 Running velveth with hash value: 27.
    Th10 4 12:08:54 Running velveth with hash value: 29.
    Th10 4 12:08:56 Running velveth with hash value: 31.
    Th10 4 12:09:11 Velveth with hash value 27 finished.
    Th10 4 12:09:12 Velveth with hash value 29 finished.
    Th10 4 12:09:19 Velveth with hash value 31 finished.
    Can't exec "velvetg": No such file or directory at VelvetOpt/gwrap.pm line 136.
    Th10 4 12:09:19 Finished velveth runs.
    Th10 4 12:09:19 Beginning vanilla velvetg runs.
    Th10 4 12:09:19 Running vanilla velvetg on hash value: 27
    Th10 4 12:09:19 Velvetg on hash value: 27 finished.
    Th10 4 12:09:21 Running vanilla velvetg on hash value: 29
    Th10 4 12:09:21 Velvetg on hash value: 29 finished.
    Th10 4 12:09:23 Running vanilla velvetg on hash value: 31
    Th10 4 12:09:23 Velvetg on hash value: 31 finished.
    Use of uninitialized value in numeric ne (!=) at /usr/local/bin/VelvetOptimiser.pl line 282.
    Use of uninitialized value in numeric gt (>) at /usr/local/bin/VelvetOptimiser.pl line 283.
    Use of uninitialized value in numeric ne (!=) at /usr/local/bin/VelvetOptimiser.pl line 282.
    Use of uninitialized value $maxScore in numeric gt (>) at /usr/local/bin/VelvetOptimiser.pl line 283.
    Use of uninitialized value in numeric gt (>) at /usr/local/bin/VelvetOptimiser.pl line 283.
    Use of uninitialized value $maxScore in numeric gt (>) at /usr/local/bin/VelvetOptimiser.pl line 283.
    Th10 4 12:09:25 Hash value of best assembly by assembly score: 27
    Th10 4 12:09:25 Optimisation routine chosen for best assembly: shortPaired
    Th10 4 12:09:25 Looking for the expected coverage
    Unable to open /home/tnt/Downloads/software/VelvetOptimiser-2.2.5/auto_data_27/stats.txt for exp_cov determination.
    How to fix this bold error?

How to fix this bold error?
    I'd say, by first fixing the real errors in your output. If you scan through your error log you will find that the execution of "velvetg" fails in all three cases. Thus, the problem is that VelvetOptimiser is not able to locate/execute the velvetg executable. As a consequence, there is of course no stats.txt as it is usually generated by velvetg.

Possible solutions:
    1. Check the permissions of velvetg, maybe your Script is not allowed to run it.
    Code:
    ls -al `which velvetg`
    2. Find out, whether your velvetg executable is in the PATH (if not the above might not have worked either.)by running
    Code:
    velvetg
    If it doesn't run, you might want to reinstall velvet, correctly.

Disclaimer: I have never used the VelvetOptimiser script and just try to help you find the source of the problem

Comment

Originally posted by sisch View Post
      I'd say, by first fixing the real errors in your output. If you scan through your error log you will find that the execution of "velvetg" fails in all three cases. Thus, the problem is that VelvetOptimiser is not able to locate/execute the velvetg executable. As a consequence, there is of course no stats.txt as it is usually generated by velvetg.

Possible solutions:
      1. Check the permissions of velvetg, maybe your Script is not allowed to run it.
      Code:
      ls -al `which velvetg`
      2. Find out, whether your velvetg executable is in the PATH (if not the above might not have worked either.)by running
      Code:
      velvetg
      If it doesn't run, you might want to reinstall velvet, correctly.

Disclaimer: I have never used the VelvetOptimiser script and just try to help you find the source of the problem
      Thank for help, i have just reinstall ubtuntu 13.10 and still problem while using velvetoptimiser
      This problem is:
      Use of uninitialized value in numeric ne (!=) at Downloads/VelvetOptimiser-2.2.5/VelvetOptimiser.pl line 289.
      Use of uninitialized value in numeric gt (>) at Downloads/VelvetOptimiser-2.2.5/VelvetOptimiser.pl line 290.
      Th10 23 09:58:53 Hash value of best assembly by assembly score: 31
      Th10 23 09:58:53 Optimisation routine chosen for best assembly: shortPaired
      Th10 23 09:58:53 Looking for the expected coverage
      Unable to open /home/tnt/auto_data_31/stats.txt for exp_cov determination.
      at Downloads/VelvetOptimiser-2.2.5/VelvetOptimiser.pl line 838
      Can you help me?

Comment

Originally posted by Votinhkiem90 View Post
        Thank for help, i have just reinstall ubtuntu 13.10 and still problem while using velvetoptimiser
        This problem is:
        Use of uninitialized value in numeric ne (!=) at Downloads/VelvetOptimiser-2.2.5/VelvetOptimiser.pl line 289.
        Use of uninitialized value in numeric gt (>) at Downloads/VelvetOptimiser-2.2.5/VelvetOptimiser.pl line 290.
        Can you help me?
        i have fixed this problem, thanks for your help.

Comment

the simillar errors, how to fix it.

Hi, Votinhkiem90:
          I'm glad that you fixed that errors.

When I run VelvetOptimiser.pl, I meet the same errors as follows:
          Use of uninitialized value in numeric ne (!=) at /software/VelvetOptimiser-2.2.5/VelvetOptimiser.pl line 289.
          Use of uninitialized value $maxScore in numeric gt (>) at /software/VelvetOptimiser-2.2.5/VelvetOptimiser.pl line 290.
          Use of uninitialized value in numeric gt (>) at /software/VelvetOptimiser-2.2.5/VelvetOptimiser.pl line 290.
          Use of uninitialized value in numeric ne (!=) at /software/VelvetOptimiser-2.2.5/VelvetOptimiser.pl line 289.
          Use of uninitialized value $maxScore in numeric gt (>) at /software/VelvetOptimiser-2.2.5/VelvetOptimiser.pl line 290.
          Use of uninitialized value in numeric gt (>) at /software/VelvetOptimiser-2.2.5/VelvetOptimiser.pl line 290.
          Apr 4 18:11:16 Hash value of best assembly by assembly score: 83
          Apr 4 18:11:16 Optimisation routine chosen for best assembly: shortPaired
          Apr 4 18:11:16 Looking for the expected coverage
          Unable to open /media/Athena/radiated/trimmeddata/auto_data_83/stats.txt for exp_cov determination.
          at /software/VelvetOptimiser-2.2.5/VelvetOptimiser.pl line 838

I checked botth Velveth and Velvetg, which works fine for this PATH.

Could you give me some hints on how to fix this?

Thank you very much and I appreciate your time.

Comment

Originally posted by leirhyh View Post
            Hi, Votinhkiem90:

Unable to open /media/Athena/radiated/trimmeddata/auto_data_83/stats.txt for exp_cov determination.

Yes, Possible you wrong for parameters cause this error. However You should check VelvetOptimiser install, and retype right parameters.
            Good luck
            p/s: can you sent the parameter that you run.

Comment

about running VelvetOptimiser.pl

Hi,Votinhkiem90:
              My running conndition is as follows:
              /software/VelvetOptimiser/VelvetOptimiser.pl -s 19 -e 99 -f '-shortPaired -fastq lava8.2ta1.fastq lava8.2ta2.fastq'

What do you think?

Thanks,

All the best,

Runhua

Originally Posted by leirhyh View Post
              Hi, Votinhkiem90:

Yes, Possible you wrong for parameters cause this error. However You should check VelvetOptimiser install, and retype right parameters.
              Good luck
              p/s: can you sent the parameter that you run.

Comment

This problem is:
                Can you help me?
                I have also used velvetoptimiser recently but unable to understand result...can u please give me some hints how to start....I would really appreciate ur time...

Comment

Originally posted by paa6 View Post
                  I have also used velvetoptimiser recently but unable to understand result...can u please give me some hints how to start....I would really appreciate ur time...
                  You have been run step by step with velvet with defaults parameters yet?
                  I think you should test with velvet before run with VelvetOpt. Now I don't use VelvetOptimiser along time ago, so im not sure how to fix this problem. but I guess this error from you cmd and parameter that you run.

Comment

You have been run step by step with velvet with defaults parameters yet?
                    I think you should test with velvet before run with VelvetOpt. Now I don't use VelvetOptimiser along time ago, so im not sure how to fix this problem. but I guess this error from you cmd and parameter that you run.
                    I did try velvet before but now I am using velvetoptimiser. It's all that I am unable to understand results properly because there is no clear explanation for that..so can u give me some links for result analysis.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                      Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
                      by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist...
                      04-22-2024, 07:01 AM
                    • seqadmin
                      Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
                      by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
                      04-04-2024, 04:25 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by seqadmin, Today, 11:49 AM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post seqadmin  
                    Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 08:47 AM
                    0 responses