Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cufflinks 2.2.0 installation issue

I want to use the new cuffquant and cuffnorm features of cufflinks 2.2.0, so I removed my 2.1.1 version of cufflinks and downloaded the source code for version 2.2.0. However, after installation, I go to the install directory and type cuffquant to run the program, but I get the following message:

cuffquant: command not found

This happens even though I can see the cuffquant module is there. If I try and run cufflinks, or one of the other modules that was available in the old version, it runs fine, but the version is listed as 2.1.1. I'm working on a linux, so I tried downloading the binaries, and I have the same issue. Has anyone else has this problem? It seems to me that there is something wrong with the release, but I have not received a response back from the cufflinks authors or the google group forum. Thanks for looking.

Is the execute bit set on the new cuffquant (v.2.2.0) file? If not that should be an easy fix ($ chmod u+x /path_to/cuffquant)?

We installed cufflinks 2.2.0 last week and cuffquant in that install is executable.

Comment

It sounds very much like you haven't actually uninstalled your original cufflinks installation

"which cufflinks"

should show you which binary you're executing when you run the command. Is this the path you expected to find it on?

Having a look at your $PATH "echo $PATH" will tell you where your shell environment will actually look for binaries.

If your 2.2.0 cufflinks binaries are in none of these folders, 'cuffquant' will do nothing at all.

Comment

You don't necessarily need to compile it from source. Just get the frozen binaries

wget http://cufflinks.cbcb.umd.edu/downlo..._x86_64.tar.gz
        tar xvf cufflinks-2.2.0.Linux_x86_64.tar.gz
        cd cufflinks-2.2.0.Linux_x86_64
        ./cuffquant

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
          Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
          by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist...
          04-22-2024, 07:01 AM
        • seqadmin
          Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
          by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
          04-04-2024, 04:25 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by seqadmin, Today, 08:47 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post seqadmin  
        Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
        0 responses