SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Introductions

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How to find good hands-on NGS data analysis workshops? ecSeq Bioinformatics Events / Conferences 0 05-21-2019 06:36 AM
Good university and country to study masters in bioinformatics koushik General 0 03-06-2017 09:21 AM
Experienced Bioinformatics Field Application Scientist for EMEA region (Europe, Middl Frank Garbelmann Industry Jobs! 0 11-14-2013 07:28 AM
where can I find a good EST anotation pipeline? rexxi Bioinformatics 2 08-18-2012 10:38 AM
Experienced Bioinformatics Field Application Scientist, Japan CLC bio Industry Jobs! 0 07-13-2011 01:40 AM

Old 04-08-2020, 07:31 AM   #1
twizzlo

Default Where is a good place to find experienced, ongoing, bioinformatics help?

I'm new to the community, I hope it's ok to post this question here. I'm part of a small start up (3 people, 1 year old), and we're working on some mathematical/data driven models for predictions in genome engineering. We're looking for casual, paid, help in bioinformatics and would like to know where we might look for such people.

The team has 2 PhDs (math/molecular biology) and over 25+ years in software dev/IT and connections to research universities/labs. We've spent a lot of time over the last year learning various tools/pipelines/concepts in bioinformatics but we suspect that many times we could save hours/days if we just had the right person to consult with.

The help could involve some coding, explaining some concepts, pointing us toward certain tools, or just answering some specific questions.

We've considered Craigsist/Kijiji/classifieds as well as freelancing websites, even Reddit. We have reached out to some of our faculty connections, and affiliated departments to inquire about grad students/post docs, but to no avail.

If anyone has any suggestions, it would be certainly helpful. Apologies if this is not the appropriate place for such a question.
twizzlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 07:51 AM   #2
GenoMax

You could try kolabtree. Strange site name. I am not affiliated with it in any way.

That said you should consider having someone on a monthly retainer. I assume people have not responded to your calls because there is no guarantee as to when you may need something.

How do you put a value on advice you get is another consideration? If someone answering one question saves you a days work, would you be willing to pay accordingly?
GenoMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2020, 10:19 AM   #3
twizzlo

Ok great. Thanks. Will check it out. And yes. We'd be willing to pay. We're not looking for free advice. We are looking for exactly what you're describing. Someone who could save us days of (our own) time, searching around for answers.
twizzlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 07:48 AM   #4
benjaminv

We offer bioinformatics consulting. We're usually on a contract basis, but perhaps we could come to some sort of arrangement. Feel free to contact us here: https://www.igenbio.com/contact-us
benjaminv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020, 12:55 PM   #5
luc

Also: bioinformatics.ucdavis.edu
luc is offline   Reply With Quote