SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Applications Forums > Sample Prep / Library Generation

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
exome capture kit from Illumina lingfung.tang Sample Prep / Library Generation 1 01-27-2012 04:33 AM
assembling Nimblegen exome reads rworthi Bioinformatics 4 11-09-2011 11:23 AM
Exome Sequencing with NimbleGen SeqCap EZ v2 Ulli Genomic Resequencing 4 04-25-2011 06:21 PM
Baits length for exome capture? (Nimblegen and Aglient) sehrrot Sample Prep / Library Generation 3 04-04-2011 02:39 PM
Exome sequencing with Illumina Kit lingfung.tang Illumina/Solexa 5 02-13-2011 10:16 PM

Old 02-12-2012, 09:24 PM   #1
sehrrot

Default V3 NimbleGen exome kit

Dear all,

I am looking forward to use v3 NimbleGen exome kit. But I found that blocking oligos a bit different from v2 NimbleGen exome kit for Illumina TruSeq kit.
It's bit like that a blocking oligos changes the strands .

Does anyone know this issue?
sehrrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 05:15 AM   #2
Rocketknight

Yeah, they've replaced the blocking oligos with reverse-complemented versions. Additionally, the new versions have extension-blocking modifications.

As far as I'm aware the purpose of those oligos is to stop the adapter sequences on your fragments annealing to each other during the hybridisation step, which means that it shouldn't really matter whether the original or reverse-complement sequence is used.

I presume the reason they changed has something to do with avoiding negative downstream effects of having those oligos in the mix - possibly they were interfering with the later PCR somehow, maybe getting extended and ending up as weird contaminants in the library? Or just annealing to the PCR primers?

Last edited by Rocketknight; 02-22-2012 at 06:35 AM.
Rocketknight is offline   Reply With Quote