SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Applications Forums > Sample Prep / Library Generation

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Coverage of reads not homogenous (sureselect target enrichement) Sam64 Genomic Resequencing 2 04-14-2017 09:37 AM
Agilent SureSelect: problems with target enrichment Asereth SOLiD 6 06-05-2012 11:37 PM
sureselect hybridization evaporation problems shawpa Sample Prep / Library Generation 10 02-09-2012 07:33 PM
SureSelect Target Enrichment Now Available for Roche 454 Sequencing! SureSelectGuru Vendor Forum 1 12-15-2010 03:07 PM
Enrichment with AGILENT's Sureselect target enrichment system dottomarco 454 Pyrosequencing 1 11-18-2009 02:14 AM

Old 03-18-2011, 01:38 AM   #1
Staph

Default SureSelect target enrichment. Optimal hybridization time

Hello,

We just started using Agilent's sureselect target enrichment system in the lab. Their protocol says hybridization time is 24 hours, however it can be increased to up to 72. Does anyone know if there is a significative difference in the amount captured, or if the eficiency goes down the longer/shorter the hybridization time is?

Thank you!
Staph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 03:12 PM   #2
ashchin

Hi ,

I have the same question.
Could you please provide me with any information that you have?

Thanks
ashchin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 12:21 AM   #3
Staph

hey,

So there is a indeed a correlation between volume after hybridization and capture efficiency. So we got better results after hybridizing for 36 hours instead of 48 as we did at the beginning, and the final volumes of the samples were also higher, about 22-24 ul.
Hope this helps!
Staph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 02:25 AM   #4
niceday

we hybridise for 24 hours. We get a good volume back, good coverage and good sequence reads. If you require I might be able to supply percentages.
niceday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 04:25 AM   #5
ashchin

Hi Guys,

Thank you for your valuable input.
Could you also please provide the percentages?
Also, what do you use to cover your plate for minimum evporation during 24 hr incubation and during pre- incubations?
I guess yoou use cap during pre incubations.

Thanks
ashchin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 07:32 AM   #6
dnusol

Hi, sorry to rescue a rather old thread, but I have not found much information on this.
Can anyone comment on the % of reads on target? Has anyone noticed that whole-exome capture gives better % of reads on target than region-capture?

We did a whole-exome capture a while ago and we got about 90% of the reads that passed QC filters aligning in the regions captured, but now with a targeted capture of about 7Mb and only 50% of the QC'ed reads aligned in the targeted regions.

Thanks

Dave
dnusol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 09:53 AM   #7
Heisman

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnusol View Post
Hi, sorry to rescue a rather old thread, but I have not found much information on this.
Can anyone comment on the % of reads on target? Has anyone noticed that whole-exome capture gives better % of reads on target than region-capture?

We did a whole-exome capture a while ago and we got about 90% of the reads that passed QC filters aligning in the regions captured, but now with a targeted capture of about 7Mb and only 50% of the QC'ed reads aligned in the targeted regions.

Thanks

Dave
That's somewhat standard, I feel.
Heisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 12:02 AM   #8
dnusol

Thanks Heisman,

is there any reasoning behind it? something to do with nonspecific hybridisation?

Cheers
dnusol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 05:07 AM   #9
Heisman

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnusol View Post
Thanks Heisman,

is there any reasoning behind it? something to do with nonspecific hybridisation?

Cheers
I don't believe anything has been definitively worked out (although that reason is most likely). One reason is the following: if you were to target the entire genome, your on target efficiency would be 100%. The smaller your target sequence, the "better" your hybridization has to go to work at a certain efficiency percentage.
Heisman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
agilent, sureselect