No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scripture collapsed when assemling read alignments

Hi ,

When I am using Scripture(scripture-beta2.jar) to assemble read alignmets, the program collapsed with following output

Computing alignment global stats for chromosome chr4
    Computing alignment global stats for chromosome chr5
    Computing alignment global stats for chromosome chr6
    Computing alignment global stats for chromosome chr7
    Computing alignment global stats for chromosome chr8
    Computing alignment global stats for chromosome chr9
    Computing alignment global stats for chromosome chrM
    model stats loaded, initializing model
    Built the model: 0.0 free memory: 288473920
    Segmenting accross graph
    Going to get read iterator to make graph with counts
    Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NullPointerException
    at java.util.TreeMap.getEntry(TreeMap.java:341)
    at java.util.TreeMap.get(TreeMap.java:272)
    at broad.pda.seq.segmentation.ContinuousDataAlignmentModel.makeGraphWithCounts(ContinuousDataAlignmentModel.java:1271)
    at broad.pda.seq.segmentation.ContinuousDataAlignmentModel.contiguousAcrossGraph(ContinuousDataAlignmentModel.java:1212)
    at broad.pda.seq.segmentation.ContinuousDataAlignmentModel.main(ContinuousDataAlignmentModel.java:2306)
    What I did previously include

HTML Code:
    --Generated accepted_hits.bam by running Tophat-1.3.2 on paired-end RNA-seq reads. 

--Extract the first 100000 reads of the accepted_hits.bam and named it with test.sam for testing

--Built index (test.sam.sai)
    $ igvtools index test.sam

--Run Scripture
    $ java -jar scripture-beta2.jar -alignment test.sorted.sam -sizeFile Zv9.chrom.sizes
    Any solutions or suggestions? Thank you in advance.

Hi Hunny,

I am not sure if you already solved the problem or still wait someone's help.

I just run the scripture and I think you have to give -chr (the chromosome you interested in) and -chrSequence (the chromosome sequence in fasta format). They are mandatory parameters (http://www.broadinstitute.org/softwa...mentation_task) although they are not checked by the program itself.

I tried your input parameters with the test set and get exactly the same error message but it is OK when I also gave -chr and -chrSequence parameters. So I think it is just this problem.

Another thing I have to say is: make sure all your chromosome ID in any SAM/BAM file ,chromosomeSequence file (*.fa) and sizeFile are with "chr" prefix. If not, there might be some other errors when you run this program. Good Luck!

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertOuTw View Post
      Hi Hunny,
      I am not sure if you already solved the problem or still wait someone's help.
      No, I gave it up.

Originally posted by AlbertOuTw View Post
      I just run the scripture and I think you have to give -chr (the chromosome you interested in) and -chrSequence (the chromosome sequence in fasta format). They are mandatory parameters (http://www.broadinstitute.org/softwa...mentation_task) although they are not checked by the program itself.

I tried your input parameters with the test set and get exactly the same error message but it is OK when I also gave -chr and -chrSequence parameters. So I think it is just this problem.
      Thank you for your trying. However, I intended to run Scripture for all chromosomes. It seems a little bit trivial to run with -chr and -chrSequence parameters for all chromosomes.

Best wishes,

Comment

Originally posted by Hunny View Post
        No, I gave it up.
        Thank you for your trying. However, I intended to run Scripture for all chromosomes. It seems a little bit trivial to run with -chr and -chrSequence parameters for all chromosomes.

Best wishes,
        Although it is a little bit inconvenient, but you can run Scripture segmentation chromosome by chromosome and cat all the results into one bed file. Then use the bed file to score all results by using "-task score".

It is a good tool to use but need some time to get used to how it represents its results.

Best wishes

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
          Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
          by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist...
          04-22-2024, 07:01 AM
        • seqadmin
          Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
          by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
          04-04-2024, 04:25 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 08:47 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post seqadmin  
        Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
        0 responses