No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings from the medical world!

Hello professionals and amateurs alike!

I have been here before but now returning as part of a team of people working on a competition platform for modeling in genomics (similar to Kaggle). My background is in medicine and I am currently in the clinical world most of the time but will soon be transitioning to a research environment. I have always been interested in genetics (almost went the academic route but due to logistic reasons ended up in clinical medicine). I was able to rediscover my passion for genetics/genomics after having moved to the United States. I came across a lot of challenges both personally and with resources available for people wishing to utilize data science in genomics during my exposure to the research world. This had lead me to realize the need for better educational tools and resource allocation services for scientists, clinicians, or enthusiasts.

Our small team at 2strand is in the process of testing a prototype at competitions.2strand.com. We plan to use the ultimate version of this product to help people use data science in genomics and support careers of aspiring bioinformaticians. We would like to get feedback from people here at any level of interest or experience in the field. Right now we are testing the most basic concept of a competition-based platform and are using open source software to carry out our first competition.

I would like to note that this is in no way an attempt to advertise for our product or service. We would appreciate honest and constructive feedback on the idea and implementation. We have laid out the current competition with monetary incentive so we can eventually drive traffic and see if people would be interested without prior knowledge of our product. You do not have to participate or be involved to give us feedback.

I would be glad to take criticism, comments, and/or advice. Please don't hesitate to get in touch through email!

Sincerely,
    Mohamed Samour
    Last edited by 2strand; 03-30-2018, 06:31 PM.

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
    Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
    by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
    03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
  • seqadmin
    Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
    by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
    Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
    03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
0 responses
0 likes
Last Post seqadmin  
Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
0 responses