Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Consed keyboard error

Hi, my name is Alexandre Bueno. I installed consed ( from phredPhrap package) on two machines. One of them is an old pc and the other is a notebook. Both machines have Xubuntu 18.04 64bit installed in them. The consed version running on the computers is 20.0. the executable of consed is consedlinux64bit_static. After running phredPhrap succesfully, I execute the consed program. The main window of the software opens up. Unfortunetely when I try, file > export consensus with options, it's not possible to type any digits in the field.None of any keyboard's input are recognized by the software and the fields remain blank. I am also sending an image of the problem.The problem happened in both machines. I need help fixing this .Thank you in advance.
    Attached Files

Hi! In your screenshot, isn't "whole" selected?

Comment

Hi. Thank you for your reply. At that screen whole is not selected. The problem still persists in another screen. If I try to save the assembly ( the whole ), I even can't write a name for it, because keyboard inputs have no effect at all. I am still trying to figure it out and any help is welcome.

Comment

I'd love to help more (a fellow researcher from Brazil!), but one needs to fill an application form to get the software and apparently it might take up to 2 weeks for the approval? I've never seen something like that, honestly. Is it so astoundingly good?
        Anyways - I'd e-mail the author at this point. When you execute it from terminal, do you get any error while you work on it?

Comment

Thank you for your time trying to help me. Indeed your question about the terminal message error helped me a lot. The error message at terminal said : Warning: translation table syntax error: Unknown keysym name: osfActivate . I googled it an find out that consed 20.0 was built based on XKEYSYMDB. This file used to be at /usr/share/X11/XKeysymDB on the OS available when consed 20.0 was built, but is deprecated on newer ubuntu based system. This made all inputs from the keyboard non effective in the software. I manage to solve the problem following this tutorial https://magmasource.caltech.edu/foru...hp?topic=142.0 . If the page is no longer available if someone runs true it in the future, just http://goo.gl/bFu6t. and download the file. Then execute this

tar xvfz XKeysymDB.tar.gz
          sudo chown root:root XKeysymDB
          sudo chmod 644 XKeysymDB
          sudo mv XKeysymDB /usr/share/X11

Problem solved. Thank you a lot.

Comment

Hi, I'm glad you could figure it out! Cheers!

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
              Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
              by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
              03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
            • seqadmin
              Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
              by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
              Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
              03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post seqadmin  
            Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
            0 responses