• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• snpeff error?

Dear all, i am using SnpEff to annotate my VCF file but i see some error

i use hg19 of Snpeff database ( i didn't build) to annotate my vcf file

here is the result

java -Xmx10g -jar snpEff.jar eff -c snpEff.config -v hg19 accepted_hits-snp-dbsnp.vcf > accepted_hits-snp-dbsnp-eff.vcf
    00:00:00.000 Reading configuration file '../../../../../tools/snpeff_snpsift/snpEff/snpEff.config'. Genome: 'hg19'
    00:00:00.302 done
    00:00:00.302 Reading database for genome version 'hg19' from file '/home/huypham/tools/snpeff_snpsift/snpEff/./data/hg19/snpEffectPredictor.bin' (this might take a while)
    00:00:07.050 done
    00:00:07.081 Building interval forest
    00:00:15.896 done.
    00:00:15.896 Genome stats :
    # Genome name : 'Homo_sapiens (USCS)'
    # Genome version : 'hg19'
    # Has protein coding info : true
    # Genes : 26346
    # Protein coding genes : 20775
    # Transcripts : 47313
    # Avg. transcripts per gene : 1.80
    # Protein coding transcripts : 38612
    # Length errors : 210 ( 0.54% )
    # STOP codons in CDS errors : 193 ( 0.50% )
    # START codon errors : 14 ( 0.04% )
    # STOP codon warnings : 0 ( 0.00% )
    # Total Errors : 239 ( 0.62% )

# Cds : 388149
    # Exons : 459403
    # Exons with sequence : 459403
    # Exons without sequence : 0
    # Avg. exons per transcript : 9.71
    # Number of chromosomes : 93
    # Chromosomes names [sizes] :

NEW VERSION!
    There is a new SnpEff version available:
    Version : 3.6
    Release date : 2014-04-21
    Download URL : http://sourceforge.net/projects/snpe...atest_core.zip

how can i explain about the error which i bold?
    thank you.

Hello
    These stem from the database which (I guess) is in your case provided by SnpEff.
    If I recall correctly SNPeff updates from time to time their database based on ENSEMBL. Now it all depends how well the databse there is curated.
    These databases will never be flawless since many predicted protein coding genes derive still from automated annotation tools such as e.g. Augustus or SNAP.
    Since SNPeff contains as well the protein length information it will detect whether there are differences between the predicted length according to the CDS and the final protein.
    Somehow you have a few genes included which have e.g. a stop codon within the CDS or some transcripts which are incomplete (START codon errors and maybe as well Length errors). E.g. Augustus is capable to predict as well incomplete proteins (for example close to gaps or the end/start of scaffolds) and might generate a protein without a start-codon.

Cheers

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
      Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
      by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
      04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
    • seqadmin
      Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
      by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
      03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post seqadmin  
    Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
    0 responses