No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DEXSeq related query

Hi
    My name is shikha and currently I am working on RNA seq data analysis. I want to compare two different tissue samples eg: one from kidney tissue and another from liver (not replicates of same sample) in terms of differential exon usage and for this purpose I thought DEXSeq tool is the right option but when I am using the command for creating ExonCountSet objects its showing an error:

Error in strsplit(rownames(dcounts), ":") : non-character argument

I don't know how to proceed with two different samples if possible using this tool.

Any suggestions in this regard are highly appreciable.

Thanks,

Best regards,
    Shikha Vashisht.

1) Can you post the exact code you used that produced the error? It'll be easier for people to figure out the problem then.

2) Do you mean to say that you want to compare 2 individual samples and not 2 groups of samples drawn from different tissues (e.g. 4 kidney samples vs. 4 liver samples)? If so, you're not going to get much useful from any program. Elsewhere on this site, Simon Anders (I think) posted the DEXSeq equivalent of the DESeq "blind" dispersion method, but I wouldn't recommend bothering with that for the aforementioned reasons.

Comment

Thanks for the reply dpryan.
      Yes, I am trying to compare two individual samples from two independent tissues.

Comment

This is the code I am using for getting the ExonCountSet Object:

ecs<-read.HTSeqCounts(countfiles=file.path("ERR030894_mapped_reads_dexseq_chr.counts"),("ERR030895_mapped_reads_dexseq_chr.counts"),flattenedfile=("Homo_sapiens_flattened_chr.gff"))

Comment

Hi @shikha5,

The error message should me more informative, but the error is coming because you are using only one samples. In order to use DEXSeq, in the most simple of comparing two conditions, you should have at least two replicates for each condition, meaning 4 samples.

Alejandro

Comment

Thanks Dear Alejandro for replying and giving you valuable suggestion.

Okay in that case I should have two replicates of kidney tissue sample and two for the other one and it will compare between the replicates variability of same tissue but not between two individual samples. Am I correct??

Comment

Yes, that sounds fine. With four samples, the function "read.HTSeqCounts" should not complain anymore.

Comment

What If I want the comparison between two individual tissues then according to you which program/tool can serve the need at this moment??

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                  Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
                  by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
                  04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
                • seqadmin
                  Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                  by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                  03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post seqadmin  
                Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
                0 responses