No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCR conditions for PE adapters

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could help with the optimal cycling conditions for the post-adapter-ligated amplification step (using PE adapters) in the Sure Select Target Enrichment system? Given the short and long PCR primers required, is a sort of 2-step PCR required?

Additionally if one were to use the "homemade" adapters, are the adapters required to be pre-annealed before the amplification? How are these "Y" -shaped adapters generated?

Any help would be great,

Thanks,
    Luke.

Hi Luke, I'm also looking for PCR conditions for the post-adapter ligation step. I ordered single stranded HPLC purified adapters and annealed them before ligating to the sequence. I'm not sure how it has worked yet as I haven't done the PCR.

Comment

I recently tried annealing the adapters together, amplifying, and running the products on a agarose gel.. i obtained 2 amplification products... one approximately 150bp and one slightly smaller.. i've gel extracted these bands but whether they do represent genomic-adapter fragments remains to be seen.. I'll keep at it, and post any progress.

Cheers,
      Luke

Comment

y-shaped adapters

Hi Luke,

have you made any progress with creating the y-shaped adapters?
        We sequenced them ourselves as well and I wonder if a preannaeling
        process is necessary because Illumina supplies them in a mix already.
        So I have the same issue than you have.
        Did you recieve any information yet?
        Thanks!!!!!
        Theresa

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
          Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
          by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
          03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
        • seqadmin
          Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
          by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
          Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
          03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post seqadmin  
        Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
        0 responses