X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• miRNA and DESeq

Hello all,

Just a quick answer by experts
    I am dealing with miRNA-seq data and having some doubt.
    1) Filtering by resSig <- res[ res$padj < .1, ]
    I am not able to get any significant miRNAs on my sample while by using
    resSig <- res[ res$pval < 0.05, ]
    i am getting about 41 DE miRNAs (up and down)…

what should i do ??? may i rigid with only pval makes sense ??? I mean "i just keep going only filtering by pval < 0.05, is that enough to consider my genes significantly differentially expressed? "

2) after this analysis may go further for filtering by overall counts, plotting Heat map and PCA plots would be good results ??? This makes any significant sense ?? I am asking because, i am not very expert in statistics.

Thanks, any help would be appreciated

Cross-posted on biostars. As I mentioned there:

I wouldn't use unadjusted p-values unless really desperate (they're less likely to validate). If you haven't done so already, try doing some independent filtering to increase statistical power.

Comment

Originally posted by dpryan View Post
      Cross-posted on biostars. As I mentioned there:

Thanks for your suggestion but could you please explore your advice. As i am not so expert of R

Comment

I've replied over on biostars since the thread there is getting a bit more traffic.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
          Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
          by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
          03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
        • seqadmin
          Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
          by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
          Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
          03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post seqadmin  
        Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
        0 responses