Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Use of custom schema in corona-lite pipeline

I would like to fix "specific" positions for mismatches in reads before mapping. For example : for a 35bp long read : 2 random mismatches in the 20 first positions and 1 in the last 15 positions. I think it is possible with the -schema option but I didn't find any documentation about the use/construction of custom schema.

Thanks by advance for your help

I too have been frustrated by the lack of schema documentation. Also the seeming inconsistency of how the current schemas are constructed. They do not make much sense to me.

If you have not noticed, the schema creations seems to stem from Dan Gordon's site at http://www.ccrwest.org/cover/HIGH.html -- however I am afraid that I do not understand this site.

Comment

I tried recreating a schema several times using data from the LJCR site and the design_to_schema_mapread.pl file. E.G. Using C(19,5,3) , referenced as the design file in schema_20_3 did not give a file which matched schema_20_3.

Does anyone have an idea how these are actually generated?

Comment

Originally posted by npons View Post
        I would like to fix "specific" positions for mismatches in reads before mapping. For example : for a 35bp long read : 2 random mismatches in the 20 first positions and 1 in the last 15 positions. I think it is possible with the -schema option but I didn't find any documentation about the use/construction of custom schema.

I don't know if you want to stick to CL, but schema/index creation in bfast
        is trivial. Give it a try if you can.
        -drd

Comment

Schemas for rmapper

Hi - you should build something like that, even by hand, it is simple

.. etc ..

It is a mask (0 for mismatch, 1 for match), there is no way in which you can be more generic but you can put multiple schemas together

Probably a single perl script could produce these schemas for you ..

HTH

Alessandro

Originally posted by npons View Post

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
            Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
            by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
            04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
          • seqadmin
            Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
            by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
            03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post seqadmin  
          Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
          0 responses