Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• softwares for bacterial RNA-Seq analysis?

Hi everyone,
    in our lab we are going to try to do some bacterial RNA-Seq run with our Ion Torrent.

Anyone with experience in Bacterial RNA-Seq that can suggest the best softwares to analyze the data?

We prefer to run software locally on our servers!

Thanks everyone!

You may try Subread, which is a splice-aware aligner and is very powerful in aligning long reads. It tolerates quite a lot of errors in the mapping while maintaining its high accuracy at the same time, making it particularly suitable for mapping reads generated from Ion Torrent platform which is known to have a high sequencing error rate.

Comment

Originally posted by shi View Post
      You may try Subread, which is a splice-aware aligner and is very powerful in aligning long reads. It tolerates quite a lot of errors in the mapping while maintaining its high accuracy at the same time, making it particularly suitable for mapping reads generated from Ion Torrent platform which is known to have a high sequencing error rate.
      Thanks, i'll try it!

Do you know any paper/review to be used as a first-time guide to RNA-seq?

EDIT: you mentioned splicing, i'm going to analyze only bacterial data, so no splicing, can i use eukaryotic tools without problems?
      Last edited by Gorbenzer; 05-03-2013, 01:46 AM.

Comment

softwares for bacterial RNA-Seq analysis?

There is a review article, Studying bacterial transcriptomes using RNA-seq,
        in Current Opinion in Microbiology, which should be useful if you are working on bacteria.

The SEQanswers SeqWiki has a how-to section on RNA-Seq analysis,

As good starting points for RNA-Seq and data analysis of RNA-Seq in general,
        see this review article by Wong et al in Nature Reviews Genetics,

and this review by Pepke et al in Nature Methods on computational methods,

Comment

Originally posted by mastal View Post
          There is a review article, Studying bacterial transcriptomes using RNA-seq,
          in Current Opinion in Microbiology, which should be useful if you are working on bacteria.

The SEQanswers SeqWiki has a how-to section on RNA-Seq analysis,

As good starting points for RNA-Seq and data analysis of RNA-Seq in general,
          see this review article by Wong et al in Nature Reviews Genetics,

and this review by Pepke et al in Nature Methods on computational methods,

http://www.nature.com/nmeth/journal/...meth.1371.html
          Thanks so much,
          i'll read those in the week end!!

Comment

Hi guys,
            Which is the best pipeline to use for analysis of strand-specific bacterial RNAseq data (illumina platform). i have tried bowtie2 (using default settings), cufflinks (cuffmerge and cuffdiff) pipeline but i'm not getting any differentially expressed genes. Which pipeline is most ideal for bacterial DE analysis.
            I have read through most of the articles cited above but i still cant get any DE genes.
            Thanx,
            Stan
            Last edited by stanikay; 11-21-2013, 12:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by stanikay View Post
              Hi guys,
              Which is the best pipeline to use for analysis of strand-specific bacterial RNAseq data (illumina platform). i have tried bowtie2 (using default settings), cufflinks (cuffmerge and cuffdiff) pipeline but i'm not getting any differentially expressed genes. Which pipeline is most ideal for bacterial DE analysis.
              I have read through most of the articles cited above but i still cant get any DE genes.
              Thanx,
              Stan
              Mine is:

-mapping with TMAP (Ion Torrent specific)
              -counting with HTSeq
              -edgeR for differential expression
              -TopGO for enrichment, previously run Blast2GO if working with non-model organism.

Best, Bernardo

Comment

Here is a Bioconductor R pipeline:

http://bioinf.wehi.edu.au/RNAseqCaseStudy/

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                  Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                  by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                  03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
                • seqadmin
                  Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                  by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                  Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                  03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post seqadmin  
                Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
                0 responses