No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lists of somatic mutations from WGS

Dear all,

I am looking for lists of somatic mutations from cohorts of patient (>=50 patients).
    There are some discussions about this search (https://www.biostars.org/p/217812/), but I did not identify a good resource/way to get that: I tried using icgc website but -to me- it is unclear if the data are WES or WGS. Also trying using COSMIC (V88_38_NONCODINGVARIANTS.csv) gave weird numbers of somatic mutations per sample...
    Thus, I am currently trying to identify publications where the authors released the list of somatic mutations they identified in genomes.
    Up to now, I could identify only one such a publication: Zhang et al., Nature Genetics, 2018: A global transcriptional network connecting noncoding mutations to changes in tumor gene expression

Most publications unfortunately do not give this information, they show summaries, hotspots, drivers, or only coding mutations. It should be more systematic in the future, as data reproducibility and availability is of growing interest.

Could you please indicate such publications if you know some of them?
    Such a collection might be a useful resource for several of us.

Thank you in advance
    Jane
    Last edited by Jane M; 05-02-2019, 07:51 AM.

You're right, these full VCFs are rare. I think a lot of the problems are due to data privacy. You can get them from the TCGA archive but that takes a lot of time to gain access.

I don't do a lot in this area but you might look at this small open set:

Comment

Thank you for your feedback.
      The concept of this pilot study is very interesting but it seems that 3 years later, there was no new development unfortunately.
      The principle of data privacy is crucial, but providing somatic mutations from a patient tumor may not be intrusive. It is not like providing germline mutations or SNPs...

I am still looking for this kind of data. If someone has clues for me, it would be very nice.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
        Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
        by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
        03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
      • seqadmin
        Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
        by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
        Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
        03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post seqadmin  
      Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
      0 responses