No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vcf file opening issues with a text editor

Hello,

I have created a vcf file which i can open using bcf tools in the terminal but not in the windows using a text editor. I can see the header information of the vcf file but the actual variant calls appear as symbols. Can someone help with this.

You probably have a bcf file rather than a vcf.

You can use bcftools to convert it if needed.

Code:
    bcftools view input.bcf > output.vcf

Comment

Thanks. I have a new question now. I was trying to plot the variants stats using plot-vcfstats. i am getting this error. Kindly advise

Parsing bcftools stats output: diploidall.stats
      Plotting graphs: python /rds/projects/2018/leachlj-atmeiosis/RAD_bham/diploids/merged/variants1/diplostats//plot.py
      Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "/diploids/merged/variants1/diplostats//plot.py", line 51, in <module>
      import matplotlib as mpl
      ImportError: No module named matplotlib
      The command exited with non-zero status 256:
      python /rds/projects/2018/leachlj-atmeiosis/RAD_bham/diploids/merged/variants1/diplostats//plot.py

at /rds/bear-apps/handbuilt/software/bcftools/v1.2_gcc-v4.7.2/bin/plot-vcfstats line 78.
      main::error('The command exited with non-zero status 256:\x{a}\x{9}python /rds/pro...') called at /rds/bear-apps/handbuilt/software/bcftools/v1.2_gcc-v4.7.2/bin/plot-vcfstats line 271
      main:lot('HASH(0x25d4020)') called at /rds/bear-apps/handbuilt/software/bcftools/v1.2_gcc-v4.7.2/bin/plot-vcfstats line 67

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
        Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
        by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
        04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
      • seqadmin
        Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
        by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
        03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post seqadmin  
      Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
      0 responses