No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low exomic yeld after capture.

Dear all,

After having used the Targetseq Exome Capture kit for years, LifeTech provided us with a new version of the kit called Ion TargetSeq™ Exome Enrichment kit for the exome capture of the libraries. In my first Solid 5500XL run using it, i only got circa 20-25% of exomic sequences, instead of the 75% of "read on target" that i usually get with the former kit.

Would anyone have an idea of what could be the cause? Did you already used this kit and what results did you get? Is there any tricky change in the way you do perform the capture with this new version and that would not be mentionned in the procotol?

My samples were FFPE; i'm wondering if the formalin and/or paraffin could interfer with a step of the library or the capture and could dramatically reduce its yeld...

Thank you,
    durandg.

If you have 25% mapping and 75% off target then either your hyb failed of your post hyb washing wasn't efficient. I wouldn't suspect FFPE at this stage if the only issue with your data is the off target %.

Why did LT give you an Ion kit for your 5500, are they dropping the original version?

Comment

How about duplicate levels?

Comment

Our FAS told me that this "new version" of the capture kit has redesigned probes and more probes hat before but she wasn't able to tell me whether it is discontinued or not.

Investigation ongoing...

Comment

Hi everybody,

I re-open this old post because we are experimenting the same issue, using Agilent QXT capture.

The % of on-target reads is about 25%. The off-target reads do not seem to have a particular pattern, nor the regions where they map - they uniformely map on the entire genome.

Have you any idea of what can explain this result ?

Thank you by advance,
          BPR

Comment

low capture efficiency

Does anyone find out the reason about the low capture efficiency? I still have the same problem. Different style of libraries,the same probe, same protocol. style 1 library on target 60%,style 2 library on target 30%

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
              Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
              by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
              Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
              03-08-2024, 10:41 AM
            • seqadmin
              The Impact of AI in Genomic Medicine
              by seqadmin

Artificial intelligence (AI) has evolved from a futuristic vision to a mainstream technology, highlighted by the introduction of tools like OpenAI's ChatGPT and Google's Gemini. In recent years, AI has become increasingly integrated into the field of genomics. This integration has enabled new scientific discoveries while simultaneously raising important ethical questions1. Interviews with two researchers at the center of this intersection provide insightful perspectives into...
              02-26-2024, 02:07 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by seqadmin, 03-14-2024, 06:13 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post seqadmin  
            Started by seqadmin, 03-08-2024, 08:03 AM
            0 responses