X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SOLiD Adapters

Hello,
    I would like to sequence gene expression tags with the SOliD machine-does anybody have the adapter-sequences flanking the inserts or do you know where could I get them?
    Also, is there a relaible service provider for the SOliD system out there ?
    Thank you very much in advance!

Here are the sequences for most of the current solid oligos, I tried to display it like the post in the solexa forum. I don't know the sequences of the P1 primer on the bead, the actual sequencing primers, or all the "block" oligos.

SOLiD 2.0 Oligos

P1 Adapter:
    5' -----------------CC ACTACGCCTCCGC TTTCCTCTCTATGGGCAGTCGGTGAT (-) -------------------- -------------------- - 3'
    3' ---------------TTGG TGATGCGGAGGCG AAAGGAGAGATACCCGTCAGCCACTA (-) -------------------- -------------------- - 5'

P2 Adapter:
    5' -------------------- -------------------- ------------------ (-) AGAGAATGAGGAACCCGGGG CAGTT--------------- - 3'
    3' -------------------- -------------------- ------------------ (-) TCTCTTACTCCTTGGGCCCC GTC----------------- - 5'

Library PCR Primer1:
    5' -----------------CC ACTACGCCTCCGC TTTCCTCTCTATG------------- (-) -------------------- -------------------- - 3'
    3' -------------------- -------------------- ------------------ (-) -------------------- -------------------- - 5'

Library PCR Primer2:
    5' -------------------- -------------------- ------------------ (-) -------------------- -------------------- - 3'
    3' -------------------- -------------------- ------------------ (-) TCTCTTACTCCTTGGGCCCC GTC----------------- - 5'

Resulting Frag Library:
    5' -----------------CC ACTACGCCTCCGC TTTCCTCTCTATGGGCAGTCGGTGAT (N) AGAGAATGAGGAACCCGGGG CAG----------------- - 3'
    3' -----------------GG TGATGCGGAGGCG AAAGGAGAGATACCCGTCAGCCACTA (N) TCTCTTACTCCTTGGGCCCC GTC----------------- - 5'

Mate pair oligos

EcoP15I Cap Adapter (note AC 3' overhang on one end)
    5' -------pCTGCTGTAC---------- - 3'
    3' --------GACGACAp----------- - 5'

Internal Adapter (note: lowercase T in top strand has internal biotin, note GT 3' overhangs for sticky end circularization)
    5' --------CGTACAtCCGCCTTGGCCGT----- - 3'
    3' ------TGGCATGTAGGCGGAACCGG------- - 5'
    Last edited by universalprimer; 09-28-2008, 12:29 PM.

Comment

thank you !!

Comment

there are a few service providers out there. Your best bet would be to contact ABI. Seqwright and Agencourt are the two big ones, but I wouldnt send my samples anywhere other than agencourt.

Comment

Does anybody know the sequence of the multiplexing adapters (barcoding) for the SOLiD system?

Comment

Yes, but you should contact ABI since it is not officaly released yet...

Comment

Y-Based SOLiD Adaptors

Has anyone heard if AB was planning on switching to Y-based adaptors and A- tailing for fragment libraries?

Comment

Originally posted by mulligan View Post
                Has anyone heard if AB was planning on switching to Y-based adaptors and A- tailing for fragment libraries?
                I have not heard anything along those lines. Seems like there would be a down side to y-adaptors. They would introduce some self-complementarity into the amplicons that could make the template strands less available for replication. And if you plan on doing any pre-ePCR PCR at all, they are unnecessary because the PCR "suppression effect" drastically favors amplification of amplicons not flanked by the same adaptor type.

--
                Phillip

Comment

Does anyone know the sequence of the 'LMP CAP Adapter' used in the long mate-paired protocol? I assume it is similar to the EcoP15I Cap Adapter...

Thanks

Adrian

Comment

I saw a slide at AGBT which suggested AB is making sequencing primers to allow customers to sequence their ILMN libraries on SOLiD. These would leverage the Y adaptors.
                    Speaking to the Invitrogen people, TA cloning is much more efficient than blunt cloning and can be leveraged with either approach. If you look at oligos above you can remove one A from them (near the N) and get them to be compliant with TA cloning. You probably need to tweak the adaptor to insert ratio to reduce dimers as blunt requires a lot more adaptor.
                    Also need to alter the end repair reaction to ensure PlusA. The Sequencing primers should be unaffected as the Plus A is just replicating the 3'A on the oligo so the end molecules is the same.

We've also seen the use of thioates on the TT overhangs to help. We see the adaptors over time or with different oligo lots have a different propensity to form dimers. We attribute this to the TT tails being hydrolyzed or exo'd and thus the dimer which forms is 60-70bp. The only way this dimer size makes sense is if there is tail to tail dimerization which then dimerizes again.
                    would love to know if anyone has sanger sequenced these to confirm what the dimers are as the size after PCR doesnt make sense unless more than 2 molecules are coming together.

I think the biggest pick up is in A-Tailing. The Y-adaptors on paper should help get 2 X more as every strand gets P1 and P2 where as the AB method is a punnett square with P1-P1 and P2-P2 molecules being formed but presumably not amplifying so 50% of the inserts are wasted. The reason I say on paper is I have heard the Y-adaptors have some suppression PCR effects as well and havent seen a direct comparison of the yield between the methods.

Comment

Originally posted by Nitrogen-DNE-sulfer View Post
                      I think the biggest pick up is in A-Tailing. The Y-adaptors on paper should help get 2 X more as every strand gets P1 and P2 where as the AB method is a punnett square with P1-P1 and P2-P2 molecules being formed but presumably not amplifying so 50% of the inserts are wasted. The reason I say on paper is I have heard the Y-adaptors have some suppression PCR effects as well and havent seen a direct comparison of the yield between the methods.
                      2x seems like a lot--but is it? As we have discussed before, these protocols are so inefficient that they often have you start with a million-fold more sample molecules than actually end up making it through the full procedure. (With Illumina and SOLiD protocol it is hard to even estimate what the final molecular yield is, because they generally will entail at least some PCR amplification along the way.)

Are blunt end ligations really less efficient than single base 3' complementary base overhangs? Historically the T-tailed cloning vectors seemed to become popular as quick ways to clone PCR products. But this was because Taq polymerase added a non-templated 3' A base. And Taq is the very devil to get rid of (being thermostable and all) sufficiently that polishing enzymes could remove the base without the A just getting added back again. Basically you could row upsteam or downstream with your protocol.

--
                      Phillip

Comment

Originally posted by AdrianCarr View Post
                        Does anyone know the sequence of the 'LMP CAP Adapter' used in the long mate-paired protocol? I assume it is similar to the EcoP15I Cap Adapter...
                        I would also be interested. Also, does someone know which part is required for ligation primer hybridization (or the sequence of the ligation primer)?

Comment

Originally posted by volks View Post
                          I would also be interested. Also, does someone know which part is required for ligation primer hybridization (or the sequence of the ligation primer)?
                          The internal and cap adaptor sequences were posted up thread:

The internal adaptor+ CAP Adaptors ligate into:

5'-CTGCTGTACCGTACATCCGCCTTGGCCGTACAGCAG-3'

The 3' terminus, or there about, would be your ligation primer. I'm not sure the exact length.

--
                          Phillip

Comment

The question was whether the 'EcoP15I Cap Adapter' and the 'LMP CAP Adapter' are the same. So far I couldn't find the 'LMP CAP Adapter' sequence.

Comment

Originally posted by volks View Post
                              The question was whether the 'EcoP15I Cap Adapter' and the 'LMP CAP Adapter' are the same. So far I couldn't find the 'LMP CAP Adapter' sequence.
                              They have the same sequence. They differ only in the 5' phosphorylation state of the shorter oligo. This is from p. 206 of the SOLiD 4 System Library Preparation Guide:

EcoP15I CAP Adaptor, 50 µM
                              5′ Phos-CTGCTGTAC-3′
                              5′ Phos-ACAGCAG-3′

LMP CAP Adaptor, 50 µM
                              5′ Phos-CTGCTGTAC-3′
                              5′ -ACAGCAG-3′

--
                              Phillip

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                                Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                                by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                                Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                                03-08-2024, 10:41 AM
                              • seqadmin
                                The Impact of AI in Genomic Medicine
                                by seqadmin

Artificial intelligence (AI) has evolved from a futuristic vision to a mainstream technology, highlighted by the introduction of tools like OpenAI's ChatGPT and Google's Gemini. In recent years, AI has become increasingly integrated into the field of genomics. This integration has enabled new scientific discoveries while simultaneously raising important ethical questions1. Interviews with two researchers at the center of this intersection provide insightful perspectives into...
                                02-26-2024, 02:07 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by seqadmin, 03-14-2024, 06:13 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post seqadmin  
                              Started by seqadmin, 03-08-2024, 08:03 AM
                              0 responses