SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Bioinformatics > Bioinformatics

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
stringtie genes abundances bug or problems? skycreative Bioinformatics 0 02-17-2017 05:14 AM
StringTie Output JazminO RNA Sequencing 2 02-03-2016 06:50 PM
blastx parameters to return top 5 hits for each contigs super0925 Bioinformatics 6 08-05-2015 07:31 AM
blastall blastx filter different hits on one contig fisseb4 Bioinformatics 4 08-05-2015 03:33 AM
stringtie output has exons instead of transcript annotation liux Bioinformatics 1 07-09-2015 04:39 AM

Old 07-30-2018, 03:02 PM   #1
Haledm

Default Adding Blastx Hits to un-identified genes in StringTie Output

Hi all,

I've been using a general pipeline of Hisat2 -> StringTie -> Ballgown for differential gene expression analysis in a non-model organism. Using RefSeq annotations during StringTie assembly has been an effective way to add gene/transcript names, but because my study species lacks a well-annotated genome, I have a lot of "mystery" genes (I think) that I would like to identify, as many have interesting expression patterns.

To this end, I merged assemblies across all treatment groups/biological replicates, then ran Blastx on that assembly against Swissprot/Uniprot db to see if I could uncover the identity of any of the mystery genes. But I'm stuck now as how to use that blastx output -- other than manually searching and matching Blastx hits to individual genes by the "MSTRG" id's, which would be laborious for ~1000 hits, I'm not sure how to move forward.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Haledm is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
annotation, blastx, rnaseq analysis, stringtie