No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vmware is installed but not working

hi,
    I installed VMware-workstation-full-7.0.0-203739 successfully. I login through usename and password and it was working fine. After that, I close it once by click on 'power off' option and the try to 'power on', but the software is not running like previously, cannot enter any coomand.. Actually, i need to use linux through vmware, i tried on ubundu and biolinux but im facing the same issue.. please help me out... it is really urgent for me...

thank you
    vinila nair

What OS are you running on your machine? The version number of your VM-software does sound kinda dated to me.

Try a newer version from their page, maybe that will help you: vmware.com

What exactly do you mean by "but the software is not running like previously". Does the VM not respond at all? Why do you need a VM-linux, if you have linux-machines?

Greetings.

Comment

hi
      thank u for the replay. My current operating system is windows xp. I need to use linux on this windows os throgh vmware and "but the software is not running like previously" means the first time when I completed the vmware installation and run the ubundu version of linux, it was running fine. I had login through username and password and i can enter the linux commands like 'ls', 'cd' etc. but when I close it once by click on 'power off' option and the try to 'power on',I can sea a (_) symbol and can type the letters but i cannot enter any linux command and as it cannot use as a linux os.

Comment

Well, I did see this on several different occasions (but not on VM's) and unfortunately there is a bunch of possible reasons.

Did you do any linux-updates via synaptics before shutdown?

Did you try to re-install the linux distribution and restarted it like before?

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
          Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
          by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
          03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
        • seqadmin
          Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
          by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
          Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
          03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post seqadmin  
        Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
        0 responses