SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Applications Forums > RNA Sequencing

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Paired-end Illumina RNA-seq adapter trimming fabrice Bioinformatics 8 01-05-2015 08:48 AM
Illumina adapter trimming figo1019 Illumina/Solexa 12 06-03-2014 12:32 PM
Adapter Trimming Illumina Mate Pairs (Nextera Protocol) hrarnc Bioinformatics 20 02-28-2014 10:44 AM
Confusion regarding Illumina Adapter Trimming! SEQnovice Bioinformatics 14 01-31-2014 06:01 AM
Illumina Adapter trimming Ramet Bioinformatics 8 03-28-2013 12:05 AM

Old 11-06-2018, 10:01 AM   #1
remivarney

Default Trinity Adapter Trimming: Clontech and Illumina?

Apologies for what is an often repeated topic, but with (I believe) a new twist.

I have several RNA libraries that I amplified with the Clontech v4 Ultra-Low Input RNA kit prior to running an Nextera XT library prep. The data is back, and I am attempting to figure out how to most effectively trim adapter sequences.

I'd like to use the defaults in Trinity for the trimming of Nextera adapters as the palindromic setting will help with read-through issues more than a simple trim would. However, I am also concerned about the presence of Clontech v4 adapters (SMART primers IIa and oligonucleotide) at the ends of my sequences that need to be trimmed as well.

If I want to trim away both, do I need to just use a simple trim? Or can I do a palindromic trim with two sets of /1 and /2?

Thanks guys!
remivarney is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adatper, illumina, nextera xt, trimmomatic, trinity