No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mRNA-Seq protocol

Hi all,

I am now working on RNA-seq data. I am wonderint whether the standard Illumina mRNA-Seq protocol is updated or not from Jan 2008 to Sep 2009. If updated, what's the difference?

Thanks in advance.
    Xi Wang

The latest protocol on the Icon web site is dated from Sept 2009. I don't have the 2008 protocol so I cannot comment on the differences

Comment

Originally posted by antoniou View Post
      The latest protocol on the Icon web site is dated from Sept 2009. I don't have the 2008 protocol so I cannot comment on the differences
      Thanks. I think the protocol before Sept 2009 was not mature, so it was not published. I am just wondering that the data generated by different labs would have different data quality, and some substaintial biases. I really appreciate it if you or others could give some comments on it.
      Xi Wang

Comment

2008 protocole and 2009 protocole are the same.
        The only difference is that in the 2009 version, Illumina gives advices on how to extract/manipulate total RNA, asks for a RNA with RIN>8 and where in the protocole you can do Cold Storage option.

I joined the 2008 version to this message.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by huguesparri View Post
          2008 protocole and 2009 protocole are the same.
          The only difference is that in the 2009 version, Illumina gives advices on how to extract/manipulate total RNA, asks for a RNA with RIN>8 and where in the protocole you can do Cold Storage option.

I joined the 2008 version to this message.
          Thank you very much!
          Xi Wang

Comment

Hi,

Anyone knows how to explain why the read distributions of a gene from two experiments are not the same (not the expression, even only one isoform)? It's normal or abnormal? Now we can discharge the protocol difference. I have no idea since I am not an experiment man. Thanks.
            Xi Wang

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
              Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
              by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
              03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
            • seqadmin
              Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
              by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
              Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
              03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by seqadmin, 03-27-2024, 06:37 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post seqadmin  
            Started by seqadmin, 03-27-2024, 06:07 PM
            0 responses