Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That Error, I am familiar with. It means you've either given it an invalid output directory, or do not have permissions to write to that location. You'll either have to check the output directory you've provided to make sure it exists (it will not be created, if it does not exist), or to make sure that the the permissions are correct and you are allowed to write to the directory you have specified.
    The more you know, the more you know you don't know. —Aristotle

Comment

That's off b/c all of the file permission are fine. When I run the command the log file is created but is empty. Could I use the BowtietoBed.jar command instead, even though my data is not paired end reads?

cheers,

Comment

Well, I'm not sure what the problem is, then. I haven't ever seen that error being given for any other reasons than the ones I've suggested. If you could cut and paste a few lines before the error occurs, maybe I can figure this out.

As for using BowtietoBed, the whole suite of tools uses the same underlying log file code, so if it's not working for one, it probably won't work for any of them.

That said, you could try to use it with the -noflag option, and is might work - I haven't tested it under those conditions, so I can't guarantee it.

Anthony

Comment

Hi Anthony.
          First of all, thanks so much for providing support for Convert To BED and other algorithm's over here.

I also came across the error above, and indeed it was a permissions issue. Somehow the folders in my Vancouver package extraction were "read only", so this discussion has already been very helpful to me.

I have another question; Is there a way to make ConvertToBED output to a single file instead of a separate file for each chromosome?

Thanks!
          Miltron / Erna Magnúsdóttir, University of Cambridge

Comment

Hi Miltron,

Unfortunately, there isn't. This is simply because it was the easiest way to do the sorting required by other applications in my suite, back when the standard alignment formats weren't guaranteed to be anywhere near sorted by chromosome or position.

However, combining all of the beds back together is a simple matter of unzipping and concattenating the files:

gunzip *.gz
            cat *.bed > output
            mv output allchr.bed

Cheers,

Anthony

Comment

textfile to gff/gbk

Hi everyone,

I have a nucleotide sequence of taro (26S to 18S Intergenic Spacer from taro (Colocasia esculenta). It was analysed by a student so its just a textfile and not published in ncbi or similar websites yet. I need it in gff or gbk format. Any idea how to convert it?

Regards, Anja

Comment

I doubt there are any generic "text file to *" converters out there. If the text file had a format such as bed, we might be able to point you in the right direction.

for the moment, your best bet is to write your own converter - and hope that you haven't lost a lot of information that you'd need to complete the gff format requirements - or to track down the original files of the sequencing/aligning results.

Comment

thanks
                  i got it now in gbk and fasta. unfortunatelly i couldnt convert it to gff/gff3. i tried the perl script bp_genbank2gff3.pl... but got this error:

# Input: taro.gbk

------------- EXCEPTION: Bio::Root::Exception -------------
                  MSG: asking for tag value that does not exist organism
                  STACK: Error::throw
                  STACK: Bio::Root::Root::throw /usr/local/share/perl/5.10.1/Bio/Root/Root.pm:368
                  STACK: Bio::SeqFeature::Generic::get_tag_values /usr/local/share/perl/5.10.1/Bio/SeqFeature/Generic.pm:517
                  STACK: main::gff_header /usr/local/bin/bp_genbank2gff3.pl:895
                  STACK: /usr/local/bin/bp_genbank2gff3.pl:406

does anyone know what that means?

Comment

Format conversion

Hello sir,

I want to convert the fasta sequence that I have to GFF format. Please help me , how should I convert it......

Comment

perl scripts for conversion of bowtie output to .gff and .wig files

Originally Posted by graveley View Post
                      Dear Yogesh,

We do this by writing a perl script that reads in the alignment information and writes a new file in the appropriate format. I would send you what we use, but we do not use export.txt files. We are currently doing alignments with Bowtie and then converting the output to .gff and .wig files.

Brent

Hi Brent,
                      I would really appreciate it if you can send me the perl scripts for conversion of bowtie output to .gff and .wig files.
                      my e-mail: [email protected]

Thank you
                      Parveen Dabas

Comment

bed to wig format

Hi,

I am looking for some tool which can convert the bed files to wig files or bowtie output to directly wig format?

Thanks,

Diya

Comment

bowtie output file

Hi, I have a question about bowtie output.
                          I have to converte the output file to .gff in order to use it in the GBrowser.
                          Is there a way to convert .sam to .gff directly?

The output file in bowtie only give the first coordinate of the mapping, but .gff file require both.
                          (Chr2 20000 20021) if it was the case of a miRNA for example

Does anyone know if bowtie have that output option?

Thanks!

Diego

Comment

You could also use GenomeIntervals2BED.py script available within the SeqGI framework.
                            Have a look: http://seqgi.sourceforge.net/Genomeintervals2bed.html

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                              Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                              by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                              03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
                            • seqadmin
                              Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                              by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                              Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                              03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by seqadmin, 03-27-2024, 06:37 PM
                            0 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post seqadmin  
                            Started by seqadmin, 03-27-2024, 06:07 PM
                            0 responses