Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DESeq question

I'm trying to load data into R so that I can run DESeq and I am getting the following error:

> datafile = system.file( "PK/extdata/PK_DESeq")
    > datafile
    [1] ""
    > PKCountTable = read.table( datafile, header=TRUE, row.names=1 )
    Error in read.table(datafile, header = TRUE, row.names = 1) :
    no lines available in input
    In addition: Warning message:
    In file(file, "rt") :
    file("") only supports open = "w+" and open = "w+b": using the former

R seems to be having a problem finding the file even though it autofills the file path when I use tab. Note that when I retype datafile. It shows an empty path. Anyone have an idea what I am doing wrong?

Any reason why you used the "system.file" function? You did read the explanation in the help page (and the vignette) before asking the question, right?

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply Simon. Yes I did read the vignette but it doesn't explain how to load non-example data into R. Unfortunately, I had never used R before so I tried to apply the vignette example to my own situation:

The instructions in the http://bioconductor.org/packages/rel.../doc/DESeq.pdf document only shows how to load the sample data. Specifically, it shows:

> datafile = system.file( "extdata/pasilla_gene_counts.tsv", package="pasilla" )

followed by loading of the "datafile" into the countTable:

> pasillaCountTable = read.table( datafile, header=TRUE, row.names=1 )".

My assumption was that one needed to use the system.file command to define datafile for read.table. However, after looking up various resources for R, I have discovered that one can use the explicit file path for read.table. Once I got that figured out it was very straightforward and I was able to get my first analysis done within 10 minutes. Thanks for an excellent tool.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
        Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
        by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist...
        04-22-2024, 07:01 AM
      • seqadmin
        Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
        by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
        04-04-2024, 04:25 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by seqadmin, Today, 08:47 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post seqadmin  
      Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
      0 responses