Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Publications explaining NGS (Reads, Multiplexing, etc)

Hi everyone!

I am a student in my 2nd semester biology.
    I would like to understand the principles and practical steps underlying NGS.

Could you recommend me papers that "nicely" summarizing and explaining NGS, technology behind, what is Multiplexing, what is a read etc?

Thanks a lot and sorry for advance ( I really checked but only found weather only specialized papers or very superficial once...)

Best,

Newby

Literature Review and Nice Presentations on NGS

Dear Newby,

I am a PhD candidate on Animal Genomics at University of Tehran / IRAN. I am working on my dissertation entitled "Incorporating Next Generation Sequencing (RNA-Seq) Data in Genomic Selection". I am reviewing literature. I have found a lot of literatures (review papers, ebooks, book chapters, lecture notes and so on) on NGS. I have attached 5 items to this message. Also, there is very nice presentation on youtube that can be downloaded. You should have some good keywords. For General information, you can see wikipedia website by Next Generation Sequencing keyword. However, I can send you more literatures by email and give you some addresses on youtube for presentations. They have high volume and can not attach to email. Also, We have a problem to downloading them in IRAN. I would be appreciate if you do this and give me by dropbox or another ways.
    Here is my contact details. Please keep in touch.

Mohammad Hossein Banabazi
    PhD candidate in Animal Genetics & Breeding (Univ. of Tehran),
    & Member of Scientific Board

Department of Biotechnology,
    Animal Science Research Institute of IRAN (ASRI),
    The First Dehghan Villa, Shahid Beheshti St.,
    P.O.Box: 1483, Post Code: 3146618361,
    Karaj, IRAN.
    Tel (ASRI): 98-261-4430010 (ext. 467)
    Tel (Home): 98-261-4470775
    Mobile: 98-935-247-0-999
    Fax: 98-261-4413258
    E-mails: [email protected], [email protected], [email protected],
    [email protected] and [email protected]
    Homepage: http://www.asri.ir/Portal/File/ShowF...9-b08116c3dacb
    my ooVoo and skype ID: banabazi
    yahoo messenger ID: mh_banabazi
    goole talk: hossein.banabazi
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by banabazi View Post
      Dear Newby,

I am a PhD candidate on Animal Genomics at University of Tehran / IRAN. I am working on my dissertation entitled "Incorporating Next Generation Sequencing (RNA-Seq) Data in Genomic Selection". I am reviewing literature.
      Greetings!

Don't forget to check out (global) biotechnology patent publications in the areas of your interests.
      This would include
      WIPO
      SIPO
      USPTO
      EPO
      JPO

(Patent offices with major online search portals.)

Comment

Thanks a lot Joann and Banabazi

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
          Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
          by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
          04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
        • seqadmin
          Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
          by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
          03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post seqadmin  
        Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
        0 responses