Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AllPaths-LG error

I run ALLPATH-LG for staph.tar.gz, .prepare.sh went fine but ./assemble.sh retuned

Unable to find optional long jumping reads (>20kb) for scaffolding.
    Unable to find optional long reads for patching. [These are optional, I don't think this is the main issue]

I'm a newbie. Did I pick the wrong data?
    Thanks!!
    Last edited by liviu; 05-31-2012, 07:23 AM.

Is there a configuration file. And if yes, does it refer to this 20 kb library ?

Comment

Is this the data from GAGE (http://gage.cbcb.umd.edu/data/index.html)? There is no 20 kb library for that, and as you can see, it's optional anyway.

What kind of scripts are you using? Where are they from? If assemble.sh didn't work, the reason is something else than that error message you posted.

Comment

Originally posted by liviu View Post
        I run ALLPATH-LG for staph.tar.gz, .prepare.sh went fine but ./assemble.sh retuned

Unable to find optional long jumping reads (>20kb) for scaffolding.
        Unable to find optional long reads for patching. [These are optional, I don't think this is the main issue]

I'm a newbie. Did I pick the wrong data?
        Thanks!!
        I Have the same problem when I run ALLPATH-LG. I'm trying to assemble PacBio sequences and when I run the script PrepareAllPathsInputs.pl it reports these warnings and errors:

==================== WARNINGS ====================

!!!! No 'frag' cached read groups found.
        YOU CAN'T RUN AND ASSEMBLY WITHOUT FRAGMENT READS!
        Remember, fragment libraries must have empty 'insert_size' and 'insert_stddev' in the 'in_libs.csv'.

!!!! No 'jump' cached read groups found.
        YOU CAN'T RUN AND ASSEMBLY WITHOUT JUMPING READS!
        Remember, jumping libraries must have 'insert_size' and 'insert_stddev' defined in the 'in_libs.csv'.

!!!! No 'long_jump' cached read groups found.
        Long jumping reads (typically 40 kb, < 1x coverage) are useful only for scaffolding of vertebrate size genomes, and are not required for an assembly.

==================================================

---- 2013-04-29 11:02:08 (CTAPI): Creating '/scratch/hpc/raquel/allpaths/data/ploidy' with PLOIDY = 1.
        **** Can't find '/scratch/hpc/raquel/allpaths/data/frag_reads_orig.fastb'. You can't run an assembly without this file.
        **** Can't find '/scratch/hpc/raquel/allpaths/data/frag_reads_orig.qualb'. You can't run an assembly without this file.
        **** Can't find '/scratch/hpc/raquel/allpaths/data/frag_reads_orig.pairs'. You can't run an assembly without this file.
        **** Can't find '/scratch/hpc/raquel/allpaths/data/jump_reads_orig.fastb'. You can't run an assembly without this file.
        **** Can't find '/scratch/hpc/raquel/allpaths/data/jump_reads_orig.qualb'. You can't run an assembly without this file.
        **** Can't find '/scratch/hpc/raquel/allpaths/data/jump_reads_orig.pairs'. You can't run an assembly without this file.
        **** 2013-04-29 11:02:08 (CTAPI): Found 6 errors.
        ---- 2013-04-29 11:02:08 (CTAPI): Done.

---- 2013-04-29 11:02:08 (PAPI): Done.

Comment

Originally posted by rdlady View Post
          I Have the same problem when I run ALLPATH-LG. I'm trying to assemble PacBio sequences and when I run the script PrepareAllPathsInputs.pl it reports these warnings and errors:

==================== WARNINGS ====================

!!!! No 'frag' cached read groups found.
          YOU CAN'T RUN AND ASSEMBLY WITHOUT FRAGMENT READS!
          Remember, fragment libraries must have empty 'insert_size' and 'insert_stddev' in the 'in_libs.csv'.

!!!! No 'jump' cached read groups found.
          YOU CAN'T RUN AND ASSEMBLY WITHOUT JUMPING READS!
          Remember, jumping libraries must have 'insert_size' and 'insert_stddev' defined in the 'in_libs.csv'.

!!!! No 'long_jump' cached read groups found.
          Long jumping reads (typically 40 kb, < 1x coverage) are useful only for scaffolding of vertebrate size genomes, and are not required for an assembly.

==================================================

---- 2013-04-29 11:02:08 (CTAPI): Creating '/scratch/hpc/raquel/allpaths/data/ploidy' with PLOIDY = 1.
          **** Can't find '/scratch/hpc/raquel/allpaths/data/frag_reads_orig.fastb'. You can't run an assembly without this file.
          **** Can't find '/scratch/hpc/raquel/allpaths/data/frag_reads_orig.qualb'. You can't run an assembly without this file.
          **** Can't find '/scratch/hpc/raquel/allpaths/data/frag_reads_orig.pairs'. You can't run an assembly without this file.
          **** Can't find '/scratch/hpc/raquel/allpaths/data/jump_reads_orig.fastb'. You can't run an assembly without this file.
          **** Can't find '/scratch/hpc/raquel/allpaths/data/jump_reads_orig.qualb'. You can't run an assembly without this file.
          **** Can't find '/scratch/hpc/raquel/allpaths/data/jump_reads_orig.pairs'. You can't run an assembly without this file.
          **** 2013-04-29 11:02:08 (CTAPI): Found 6 errors.
          ---- 2013-04-29 11:02:08 (CTAPI): Done.

---- 2013-04-29 11:02:08 (PAPI): Done.

I know this might be a late response, but I believe that there is a problem with your in_libs.csv file. Have you got it to work since?

Comment

Actually, I've sent a message to Dr. Lander and Dr. Jaffe, the authors of AllPaths-LG. I asked wether my data is suitable for this tool (PacBio and IonTorrent sequences from an enrichment culture) and how should I run this tool.

David Jaffe replied me. He said that unfortunately my data is not supported by their program and I should try something else with another tool. Plus he suggested me to join the google groups forum of AllPaths, so I could find some information.
            I've sent a request to join the group 3 weeks ago but they didn't replied me until now.

So I lost hope in Allpaths-LG and now I'm trying to use IDBA_UD and MIRA assemblers for my data. They are still running the assembly.

So my conclusion is that AllPathsLG doesn't support hybrid assembly of PacBio+IonTorrent.

Please, let me know if you know any other programs that could work for this data type.

Comment

my allpaths exiting with error message in the que and the log file is empty no error msgs also somebody help me to solve this issue thanks in advance

my pbs script
              #!/bin/bash
              #PBS -l walltime=48:00:00
              #PBS -N 268_allpaths
              #PBS -q workq
              #PBS -l select=40:ncpus=16:mpiprocs=16
              #PBS -l place=scatter:excl
              #PBS -V

# comment begins with # followed by space......[IMPORTANT]
              # Go to the directory from which you submitted the job
              # cd $PBS_O_WORKDIR

module load all_paths-2.2
              # path of all_paths
              # path : /app/allpathslg
              module load openmpi-1.6.4

# ulimit (stack) is needed by the allpaths program
              ulimit -s 100000

# prepare data for allpaths:
              PrepareAllPathsInput\
              DATA_DIR=$PWD/scratch/268_allpaths\
              PLOIDY=1\
              IN_GROUPS_CSV=/scratch/268_allpaths/in_groups.csv\
              IN_LIBS_CSV=/scratch/268_allpaths/in_libs.csv\
              OVERWRITE=True\
              | tee prepare.out

# Assemble data:
              allpathslg\
              PRE=$PWD\
              DATA_SUBDIR=data\
              RUN=run\
              SUBDIR=test\
              OVERWRITE=True\
              | tee -a assemble.out

my csv files

in_groups.csv

file_name, library_name, group_name
              /scratch/268_allpaths/SO_2511_268_R1.fastq, illumina, frags
              /scratch/268_allpaths/SO_2511_268_R2.fastq, illumina, frags
              /scratch/268_allpaths/SO_2511_268_R1.fastq.gz, illumina_short, jumping
              /scratch/268_allpaths/SO_2511_268_R2.fastq.gz, illumina_short, jumping

in_libs.csv

library_name,project_name,organism_name,paired,frag_size,insert_size,read_orientation,genomic_start,genomic_end
              illumina,testassembly,268,1,300bp,480bp,inward,0,0
              illumina,testassembly,268,1,300bp,480bp,inward,0,0
              illumina,testassembly,268,1,300bp,2k,outward,0,0
              illumina,textassembly,268,1,300bp,2k,outward,0,0

this is my command line still my assembly is not running, thanks alot for help
              Last edited by madhubioinfo; 05-31-2014, 04:53 AM.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
              • seqadmin
                Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by seqadmin, 03-27-2024, 06:37 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post seqadmin  
              Started by seqadmin, 03-27-2024, 06:07 PM
              0 responses