SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Bioinformatics > Bioinformatics

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
cuffdiff: use merged.gtf from cuffmerge or combined.gtf from cuffcompare? turnersd Bioinformatics 21 10-02-2014 03:41 AM
merged.gtf or combined .gtf harshinamdar Bioinformatics 0 09-29-2011 10:10 PM
^@ in .combined.gtf from cuffcompare v0.8.4 glacierbird Bioinformatics 2 01-14-2011 12:42 PM
cuffcompare: transcripts without strand and output combined alexnico84 Bioinformatics 0 01-13-2011 04:48 AM
how does cuffcompare choose which transcript to put in combined.gtf file? d f Bioinformatics 0 11-09-2010 11:30 AM

Old 09-01-2011, 08:15 AM   #1
arrchi

Default cuffcompare output combined.gtf question

Hi there,

I am wondering how to understand the second column of the combined.gtf? It's supposed to be source: the program that generated this feature. I look at my combined.gtf file and see there are several sources: "protein_coding", "pseudogene", "processed_transcript" and Cufflinks (and more). I can understand the first three sources, how Cufflinks relates to them? Does it means if the source is Cufflinks, the transcript is novel? But then I look a few of them having a Cufflinks as source, they are known genes. Some of them are protein coding genes. Why are their source not "protein_coding"?

Thanks you for your help.
arrchi is offline   Reply With Quote