Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Updated Illumina Specs Table

We've updated the AllSeq NGS Knowledge Bank to reflect the latest Illumina instruments - all the specs in one place!
    AllSeq - The Sequencing Marketplace
    [email protected]
    www.AllSeq.com

Moving to Vendor Forum

Comment

Can the 2500 Rapid mode really produce 600M clusters in the two 'lanes'? I've seen results more along 150-180M clusters. Maybe I'm thinking of passing filters and this table is not, but I don't think I've seen the lanes loaded to make 300M clusters each either.
      Providing nextRAD genotyping and PacBio sequencing services. http://snpsaurus.com

Comment

Originally posted by SNPsaurus View Post
        Can the 2500 Rapid mode really produce 600M clusters in the two 'lanes'? I've seen results more along 150-180M clusters. Maybe I'm thinking of passing filters and this table is not, but I don't think I've seen the lanes loaded to make 300M clusters each either.
        I can't say for sure, but that's the spec for two flow cells (and the number of reads needed to generate the claimed 180Gb per run). Those could be pre-filtered reads, but I wouldn't think filtering would cut the # of reads by half. Hopefully others can chime in with their real world results.
        [email protected]
        www.AllSeq.com

Comment

Ahh, 600M X 300 bp = 180 Gb, so that would be 150M clusters per lane x 2 reads x 150 bp. I think you are counting clusters in some columns and total reads possible (2 per cluster) in others.
          Providing nextRAD genotyping and PacBio sequencing services. http://snpsaurus.com

Comment

Remember that Illumina stats are always in Run output assuming you are running with as many flow cells as possible. A HiSeq 2500 can output 600M clusters per Run which means (150M clusters per lane) X (2 lanes per flow cell) X (2 flow cells per run).

Comment

Ahh, 600M X 300 bp = 180 Gb, so that would be 150M clusters per lane x 2 reads x 150 bp. I think you are counting clusters in some columns and total reads possible (2 per cluster) in others.
              In all cases the stated outputs should be for entire runs (both flow cells for two flow cell machines). All reads -should- be single reads/clusters. If you find examples where we screwed that up, please let me know and we'll fix it ASAP.

For the HiSeq 2500 Rapid Mode we have:
              2 flow cells X 300M reads/flow cell X 2x150bp reads
              2*300M*2*150b=180Gb
              [email protected]
              www.AllSeq.com

Comment

Right, sorry for the confusion. The single flow cell NextSeq got me messed up going back to the two-flow-cell HiSeq.

Comment

Right, sorry for the confusion. The single flow cell NextSeq got me messed up going back to the two-flow-cell HiSeq.
                  I agree that it gets kind of confusing - that's why we built the table
                  [email protected]
                  www.AllSeq.com

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                    Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
                    by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
                    04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
                  • seqadmin
                    Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                    by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                    03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post seqadmin  
                  Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
                  0 responses