Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fastq to Sam

Hii everyone i have read about conversion of Fastq to sam through picard tools and alignment with bowtie(which directly gives sam output) both dnt worked out with my fastq files ? please suggest any other way? thanks in advance

You're unlikely to want to convert your fastq files to SAM format. Why don't you tell us what went wrong with the bowtie alignments?

Comment

Bowtie error

Hii
      I tried to reinstall bowtie2, it is showing an error 'bin/sh: 1: clang++: not found
      make: *** [bowtie2-build-s] Error 127'
      help me to solve this thank u

Comment

Either install the clang compiler or, more simply, just download the binary for bowtie2 so you don't even need to compile things.

Comment

Hii dpryan
          Thanks i could successfully install and run bowtie2 to some extend. but after creating the reference index file and when i was trying to align reads it is showing an error like
          Extra parameter(s) specified: "reads1.fq", "lambda.sam"
          Error: Encountered internal Bowtie 2 exception (#1)
          bowtie2-align exited with value 1
          any one please suggest how to sort this.

Comment

You likely typed the command incorrectly. We'd need to know the exact command you typed to help.

Comment

the command i used is
              bowtie2-2.2.4$ bowtie2 -p 12 -N 1 -t -x /bt2-index/yeast_index -1 testR1.fastq -2 testR2.fastq -S test.sam

Comment

That command couldn't have produced the error message you posted. Don't modify the command you posted, copy and paste the exact command that produced the error.

Comment

NGSprograms/bowtie2-2.2.4$ bowtie2 -p 12 -N 1 -t -x /NGSprograms/bowtie2_2.2.4/bt2-index/yeast_index -1 yeastR1.fastq, -2 yeastR2.fastq -S yeast.sam

Comment

Originally posted by madhavi View Post
                    NGSprograms/bowtie2-2.2.4$ bowtie2 -p 12 -N 1 -t -x /NGSprograms/bowtie2_2.2.4/bt2-index/yeast_index -1 yeastR1.fastq, -2 yeastR2.fastq -S yeast.sam
                    Hi, you've got a comma after yeastR1fastq. Could be the problem?

Comment

Hii
                      i am ruuning samtools to create variation report by using the following commond it showed an error Segmentation fault (core dumped)
                      how to solve this ?
                      NGSprograms/samtools-1.2$ samtools mpileup -g -f ChrAll.fasta bpt1.sorted.bam.bam > bpt.bcf

Comment

Check to see if "ChrAll.fasta" and "bpt1.sorted.bam.bam" exist.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                          Recent Advances in Sequencing Analysis Tools
                          by seqadmin

The sequencing world is rapidly changing due to declining costs, enhanced accuracies, and the advent of newer, cutting-edge instruments. Equally important to these developments are improvements in sequencing analysis, a process that converts vast amounts of raw data into a comprehensible and meaningful form. This complex task requires expertise and the right analysis tools. In this article, we highlight the progress and innovation in sequencing analysis by reviewing several of the...
                          05-06-2024, 07:48 AM
                        • seqadmin
                          Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
                          by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist...
                          04-22-2024, 07:01 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by seqadmin, 05-10-2024, 06:35 AM
                        0 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post seqadmin  
                        Started by seqadmin, 05-09-2024, 02:46 PM
                        0 responses