No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simple Bowtie question

Hi,

I've been playing around with Bowtie on Galaxy platform and I would like to ask some very simple question really to confirm my understanding to the Bowtie parameters.

My aim for the mapping is to get the best sequencing alignment to a custome genome.

These are the parameter I've used:

Single-end
    -n = 2
    -e = 70
    --nomaqround = round to nearest 10
    -y
    -a
    --best
    --maxbts = 800
    --strata

Will the parameters I've set gave me a single alignment per sequence read and also ensure it's 'uniqueness/stringency'?

If anyone could help that would be fantastic.

Many thanks

try option "-m 1"

Comment

TMM normalization

Hello:
      it is said that TMM is a normalization in RNA-seq,and I have learn it for a long time。But I don‘t understand it so far。Can you tell me how does it perform?And I would be gratefull if you could give me an example ?

Comment

Originally posted by tianyub836 View Post
        try option "-m 1"
        Hi,

I didn't use -m = 1 beause it will reduce the mapping coverage of some reads. E.g in the ribisomal RNA region there gene cluster are very highly conserved and our lab is still interested about its coverage.

What I was really looking for is, would the parameter I've set gave me a stringent mapping result? i.e. less mismatches and poor quality reads being mapped.

Cheers

Comment

A simple question about bowtie output

Hi all..

i have a small doubt. In the output of bowtie, how to figure out mismatches. +ve is fine., but in negative there is reverse complementation thats what is giving me a confusion.
          Please help as soon as possible.
          Thank you in advance.

Deepak

Comment

Hi Deepak, what exactly are the problems that you are encounting?

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
              Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
              by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
              04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
            • seqadmin
              Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
              by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
              03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post seqadmin  
            Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
            0 responses