No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minimus2 - dumpreads

Hi everybody here!

I'm trying to merge two de-novo assemblies of the same dataset, obtained with Newbler and Abyss. I'm using Minimus2. Either on my own dataset and on the influenza-A test dataset I get a message like this:

amos/bin/dumpreads influenza-A.bnk -M 0 > influenza-A.ref.seq exited with status: 1

I'm aware that this is a kinda generic error, but can anyone help out with this?

Thanks to all,
    Domenico

I know this is kind of old, but this seems to be a fix:

Comment

Minimus 2 issues

I was getting errors at various steps and I am explaining how i resolved them. This might be useful for someone trying to run minimus for first time.

1. I got error at step 12. cannot write/find bnk file
      here you need to make sure that your fasta files does not have any special characters and fasta headers are not longer than 1024 bytes (note bytes not characters). Fasta header such as >contig1 should be kept and everything else should be discarded. Special character _ and > is allowed but not any others such as = or .(dot). Also make sure any of the folder names do not have special characters.

2. Got error at step 21: unable to run show-coordinates
      I found this was mainly because of file path. The default minimus2 has file path:

DELTAFILTER = /usr/local/bin/delta-filter
      SHOWCOORDS = /usr/local/bin/show-coords

While

my installed directory contains these commands at
      DELTAFILTER = /usr/local/MUMmer3.22/delta-filter
      SHOWCOORDS = /usr/local/MUMmer3.22/show-coords

You need to update path in minimus2 file.

Also its helpful to check post

if you are using contigs containing lot of N's

Hope this helps.
      Last edited by sagarutturkar; 10-11-2011, 12:33 PM.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
        Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
        by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist...
        04-22-2024, 07:01 AM
      • seqadmin
        Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
        by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
        04-04-2024, 04:25 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 08:47 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post seqadmin  
      Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
      0 responses