No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High capacity, low cost, targeted NGS

Hello SEQanswers
    My name is Kurt Lamour and I run a company (Floodlight Genomics) that provides a new low cost option for targeted genetic sequencing (MonsterPlex). MonsterPlex is a single-tube PCR-based technology to amplify 10's to 100's of targets from small amounts DNA (e.g. 20-40ng). Custom indices are added during the multiplex PCR and we currently index up to 6000 samples for pooling (loaded as a single library) on an Illumina or Ion device.

Total target sizes can be either 80, 380 or 480bp. It depends on your goals and/or the sequencing device and configuration you'd like to use.

I'm an academic research scientist (molecular epidemiologist) who developed MonsterPlex to better use the huge amount of excess sequence data our lab was producing using WGS and GBS. Thus far we've worked directly with academic research scientists on native grasses, insects, infected plants and large mammals. Any target is fair game!

Best I can tell, our project costs are low. For example, the cost to analyze 1000 samples for 100 targets (=100,000 data points) is less than $0.10/target at >20X coverage per target. You provide the DNA and the target sequences and we deliver the sample-specific sequence data. MonsterPlex should work equally well on cDNA, making for some interesting RNAseq options - although I've yet to try it.

Check us out at:

Floodlightgenomics.com

Or send me a message if you have questions.

Hi Kurt,
    Please get in touch directly. [email protected], @CIgenomics, or http://core-genomics.blogspot.co.uk.
    I'd like to find out more and will take a look.
    James.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
      Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
      by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
      03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
    • seqadmin
      Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
      by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
      Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
      03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post seqadmin  
    Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
    0 responses