No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• miRDeep2 problem

Dear all,

Does anyone know that how to convert .sam (mapped file by bowtie) into .arf for as input in miRDeep2.pl ???

i used sam_reads_collapse.pl and bwa_sam_converter.pl script but got unsatisfactory .arf output.

find attachment as sample arf while i got correct reads_collapsed.fa file

Help me please...thanks in advance
    Attached Files

The user has already removed 3' adapters in color space and has mapped the reads against the genome using bwa/bowtie resulting in a sam file. Note that each genome locus to which a read was aligned has to occur in its own line. Otherwise only the first genome locus of each line will be taken! The mapping output file is named mapped.sam. The user wishes to generate the files 'reads_collapsed.fa' and 'reads_collapsed_vs_genome.arf' as input to miRDeep2:

perl bwa_sam_converter.pl -i mapped.sam -c -o reads_collapsed.fa -a reads_collapsed_vs_genome.arf

If read ids are already collapsed and in correct miRDeep2 format (eg. ">ABC_1_x10", see file formats) then the sam file just needs to be converted:

perl bwa_sam_converter.pl -i mapped.sam -a reads_collapsed_vs_genome.arf

What is miRDeep2 miRDeep2 is a software package for identification of novel and known miRNAs in deep sequencing data. Furthermore, it can be used for miRNA expression profiling across samples. Last, a new module for preprocessing of raw Illumina sequencing data produces files for downstream analysis with the miRDeep2 or quantifier module. Colorspace sequencing data is currently not supported by the preprocessing module but it is planed to be implemented.

Comment

Problem to launch miRDeep2 in PBS

Hi all,

Here i am facing a small problem to launch miRDeep2 into my server by PBS. plz short-out anyone.

error:

mkdir mirdeep_runs/run_14_05_2013_t_11_53_28

Error: Perl PDF::API2 package not found
      Check if the perl PDF::API2 package is correctly installed and all Pathes were set correctly, though right now its running in randfold phase correctly.

while by simple way (by terminal mode) its running quite well even with PDF::API2 package without any error.

Note: i also commented to PDF::API2 module inside miRDeep2.pl script to check if other things are ok however yes its okey all except this module.

i am asking to launch in PBS mode bcz after leaving system, my lab suppose to be off all system by remotely except my cluster server

please help me,

Thanks once again and waiting for your kind input.

Comment

Originally posted by unique379 View Post
        Hi all,

Here i am facing a small problem to launch miRDeep2 into my server by PBS. plz short-out anyone.

error:

mkdir mirdeep_runs/run_14_05_2013_t_11_53_28

Error: Perl PDF::API2 package not found
        Check if the perl PDF::API2 package is correctly installed and all Pathes were set correctly, though right now its running in randfold phase correctly.

while by simple way (by terminal mode) its running quite well even with PDF::API2 package without any error.

Note: i also commented to PDF::API2 module inside miRDeep2.pl script to check if other things are ok however yes its okey all except this module.

i am asking to launch in PBS mode bcz after leaving system, my lab suppose to be off all system by remotely except my cluster server

please help me,

Thanks once again and waiting for your kind input.
        I have the same problem. Please install this software again following mirdeep2 README file, step by step, then you will make it!

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
          Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
          by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
          03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
        • seqadmin
          Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
          by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
          Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
          03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post seqadmin  
        Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
        0 responses